Hacksaw blades, which brand?
Clamp a framing square to it, and use a utility knife on it. Cut cut cut cut a zillion times.
Remove and hold the cut line near a benchtop edge, and force it down hopefully breaking it.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-31-2018, 09:02 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: Slightly off-topic, but how do you guys cut spring steel ( for saw plates and card scrapers)?

Yeah, aviation snips if the cut is small; score-and-snap if it's a longer cut.  Wear gloves.  When it does snap, it can really snap!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(05-31-2018, 03:14 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: Yeah, aviation snips if the cut is small; score-and-snap if it's a longer cut.  Wear gloves.  When it does snap, it can really snap!
Scored the steel with a cut-off wheel, then clamp it in a vise {between two pieces of angle iron if it's a longer piece} Then snapit off....You CAN cut all the way through the steel but it saves time and effort it you snap it off..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(05-30-2018, 11:51 AM)Aram Wrote: For a 12" high tension hacksaw, Starrett blades or Lenox blades? Or is it a toss-up? I mostly use them for cutting brass stock (1/8" up to 1/2" or less), and occasional pieces of O1 steel, not very thick.

Thanks!
Brand is not important as type. Brass, Aluminum, zinc, and other soft metals and materials can use steel blades. Bi-metal for steel and other hard metals.  Bi-metal is all I bother to stock in my shop. Works on all cuttable metals. Pay attention to the number of teeth as well. The thinner the material the more teeth needed.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(05-31-2018, 01:44 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Clamp a framing square to it, and use a utility knife on it. Cut cut cut cut a zillion times.
Remove and hold the cut line near a benchtop edge, and force it down hopefully breaking it.

What he said.... Umm....  Yeh. 

Actually, I cut tubes of copper, brass, aluminum; sheet metal with the bi-metal when desperate. They're pretty good on errant nails, too; better than a Japanese pull saw. I did use one to cut fine dovetails. For scrapers, I call TGIAG.
Starret are available locally and work great, so I only use them.

As for cutting spring steel, i use a dremel with a cutting wheel. Cut part way in then snap apart.