Name that wood.
BIL got this wood in slabs 2" thick. He was told it was from India but isn't sure.

What do you think?

[Image: kaIM57z.jpg]
I don't know but it sure is pretty.
BAT

A man wearing a helmet defending our nation should make more money than a man wearing a helmet playing games!
Bathroom wood.

Comes with free sharp, square, hip busting edges.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-30-2018, 06:57 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Bathroom wood.

Winkgrin

Amen.!
(05-30-2018, 06:57 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Bathroom wood.

Winkgrin

It's just sitting there- isn't fastened down yet and will be trimmed.  Since another one developed a crack after he brought it in, I advised him to let it acclimate to the house for a couple weeks or so.

The other one is fine after filling the crack with epoxy and redoing the way it was fastened down so it could move.
African Mahogany would be my guess
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
(05-30-2018, 08:36 PM)Gary™ Wrote: African Mahogany would be my guess

That doesn't look even a little bit like African mahogany to me.
(05-30-2018, 12:19 PM)daddo Wrote: BIL got this wood in slabs 2" thick. He was told it was from India but isn't sure.

What do you think?

Teak?
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(05-30-2018, 08:36 PM)Gary™ Wrote: African Mahogany would be my guess

(05-31-2018, 06:34 AM)KC Wrote: That doesn't look even a little bit like African mahogany to me.

I agree. I've seen that wood before but do not remember what it's called. Seems like it was in a store dealing with African products. I'm pretty sure it's not domestic. That's all I've got.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
What about KOA wood?