Pecan Live Edge Slab Table with Ebonized Base
It took me quite a while to complete this project, I only get maybe 3 days a month in the shop lately.  The slab is pecan, 135 year old pecan tree felled by a 2013 flood on the San Marcos River in the Texas Hill Country.  The log had begun to splat which provided some great color but the slab is rock solid.

The base is ebonized poplar, using the Brian Boggs method.  My goal was to make the base look like steel.  

I'm having some professional photos done soon (by my daughter) and I'll update again here.

More details in Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/dannywhitefurniture/

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful table. Love the color of the pecan! How long and wide is it?

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
I think if I built that I would just sit there and admire that slab of Pecan and not use the table.
Yes
Great looking table and I really like the metal look of the ebonized base.
This looks really, really, really, really nice!

Big Grin
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(06-03-2018, 08:15 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: This looks really, really, really, really nice!

Big Grin

Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Very nice Danny....
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The dimensions are 9-ft 3-in long, 43-in and 33-in wide, and 3-in thick.

For some reason photos are giving me trouble today, here is the other photo:

Very nice. Love the colors of that pecan.

I have some really nice cherry in the shed, and finally got the LOML to agree to a new dinning table. She is ok with the cherry as long as it has some sort of trestle base. I was thinking about ebonized ash. but may consider poplar now. Going to have to look up the process.
Looks great. Love the shape of the base. Please tell me that there are some feet underneath it or something to keep those long flats from finding every bump in the floor.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure