The Build-Out Has Begun!
Despite having had my shop in operation for a long time, I only recently added
a pull down reel plug.

Don't know why I waited, it has been a BIG help.

Never understand the folks who don't paint the walls, ceiling , etc. The brighter space
is SO much nicer to BE in, in addition to getting work done so much easier.

Yes
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(11-05-2018, 10:20 AM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Despite having had my shop in operation for a long time, I only recently added
a pull down reel plug.

Don't know why I waited, it has been a BIG help.

Never understand the folks who don't paint the walls, ceiling , etc. The brighter space
is SO much nicer to BE in, in addition to getting work done so much easier.

Yes
I had the reel plug in the old shop and moved it over, also have one over the parking area.  Nice when working on the vehicles, or when I roll the big tools outside to drop a three plug socket right down and get going.

Over the bench, it keeps the tool cords up overhead rather than on the bench. 
Smirk
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Thanks, guys. I'll post a couple more with all the lights on and including the other side of the shop.

My next projects are:

-- Expanded dust collection with a second collector on the other wall and 4" pipe on the ceiling.

-- Adding a central column at the back-end of the outfeedtable for running 220v outlets and dust collection to that point. This will allow me to get cords and dust pipes off the floor and out of my walkways. (all the current outlets are at the perimeters.)

-- New outfeed table structure. When I built the top torsion box, I just scabbed together a frame for it to sit on. The underside area isn't very usable. I want to rebuild that, add some enclosed cabinets and space for dust collection of some kind.

-- Rework the upper area above my machinist vise to expand my french cleat system. After that, I'll build an upper cabinet and add doors. I'd like to reduce the amount of open shelf space to make things look neater.

- Finish my Roubo bench!

-- Get the Powermatic 180 planer running. It needs the beds cleaned up, dust hood, and a new mobile base.

-- Re-run all the 110 outlets. They're currently on 15 amp circuits with a gauge of wire that won't handle more than that. I'll have to open a spot in the sheet rock ceiling and get up there to run new stuff.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
(11-07-2018, 11:09 AM)T.J. Wrote: Thanks, guys. I'll post a couple more with all the lights on and including the other side of the shop.

My next projects are:

-- Expanded dust collection with a second collector on the other wall and 4" pipe on the ceiling.

-- Adding a central column at the back-end of the outfeedtable for running 220v outlets and dust collection to that point. This will allow me to get cords and dust pipes off the floor and out of my walkways. (all the current outlets are at the perimeters.)

-- New outfeed table structure. When I built the top torsion box, I just scabbed together a frame for it to sit on. The underside area isn't very usable. I want to rebuild that, add some enclosed cabinets and space for dust collection of some kind.

-- Rework the upper area above my machinist vise to expand my french cleat system. After that, I'll build an upper cabinet and add doors. I'd like to reduce the amount of open shelf space to make things look neater.

- Finish my Roubo bench!

-- Get the Powermatic 180 planer running. It needs the beds cleaned up, dust hood, and a new mobile base.

-- Re-run all the 110 outlets. They're currently on 15 amp circuits with a gauge of wire that won't handle more than that. I'll have to open a spot in the sheet rock ceiling and get up there to run new stuff.

You mentioned Powermatic 180.
Run the numbers on dust collection before you go 4". You may want to consider a 6" mainline minimum.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(11-07-2018, 02:55 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: You mentioned Powermatic 180.
Run the numbers on dust collection before you go 4". You may want to consider a 6" mainline minimum.

Ok, thanks for the heads-up.
A 6" dust collector isn't in the budget. 
Would it still work to reduce the 6" down to 4" at the 4" collector?
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas