Which extension cord reel for garage?
I had a harbor freight 12g extension cord reel that worked well until the spring to retract it broke.

I'd like to stay under $100 and 12g is a minimum
25 feet of useful length would be fine although more is better.

What do you have that you like?

Duke
I have the one from Rockler and have used it years. So far so good.
Several years ago I purchased 2 cord reels from Northern Tool and mounted them on my shop ceiling. While I don't use them every single day, they seem to work well and have held up. They are extremely handy.
I bought mine at HD several years ago and mounted it to the ceiling and it has worked well.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

funny thing about these questions is that if someone bought an inexpensive reel 5-10 years ago and it has worked well, the same item is probably no longer available or has changed in some significant way.  Someone gave me a couple of reels 5 years back, and I would like another for my basement shop.  Not looking seriously yet though
$150 bought a demo Roboreel Ceiling model from their site. I like them. They slow down at a distance you set so they do not whip when self retracting and transitioning from floor to vertical.

I also have a Reelcraft from ebay and it is nice.

But both were more than $99 so it may not matter.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have looked at the roboreels, and just can’t bring myself to pay their new prices.

I found a 12g 40 foot on sale at northern tool thats almost identical other than color to the harbor freight model.

I bought it and mounted it if it lasts more than 5 years I’m going to call it a good buy.

I also pulled the cord out of the broken harbor freight reel and put an end on it to have another 12g extension cord.

On an a somewhat related note, it seems to me that this forum was more active 10 years ago,

Thank you all for your replies

Duke
It was much more active 10 years ago. There’s only a fraction of us left. Most people prefer to offer bad advice in Facebook and YouTube these days.
-Marc

participation goes down every time the certificate expires and doesn't get fixed for a day.  I think a lot of people decided to give this place a rest after the last one.
I like to think we have quality over quantity.

Big Grin
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me