Greene and Greene based table project
I enjoyed watching the Woodsmith Shop television series on the build of a Greene and Greene inspired table project. I figuired it would be a fun project to build and made this table using some walnut I had on hand. I downsized the table a bit to fit in a spot in my living room, and added a few design modificatins such as the s;indles in the end sectionsl  The burl is walnut burl which I got from veneersupplies.com. The accent pieces in the project are cherry.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice job!  I remember that project and love your modification and execution of the design.
John
Wonderful table! I'm a big Greene and Greene fan. You nailed it with your table design.
Nice! Nice, nice .... . [Over 17]
Lovely

Words, words, words.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I really like how it came out!!!  Very Nice.

My wife would like something like that and thru all the years in the military she never had anything in nice furniture.

Now much does the plans cost and about how long does it take if made on the weekends?

Thanks you for sharing.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-06-2018, 07:51 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I really like how it came out!!!  Very Nice.

My wife would like something like that and thru all the years in the military she never had anything in nice furniture.

Now much does the plans cost and about how long does it take if made on the weekends?

Thanks you for sharing.

thank you, I think it came out rather nicely as well. Construction was spread out over about three months, working on it as the mood struck me, some time spent making prototype parts playing with various options. All f the pieces were pre-finished prior to assembly, starting with a dye coat (walnut husks soaked in ammonia) to make to color more uniform throughout, then a coat of BLO then multiple (8 or so) thin coats of garnet shellac, ...
I worked from the free drawing available from woodsmith, although not following it religiously. I believe the full package with pictures and detailed step by step instructions is ten or twenty dollars but don't quote me on that. 
Actually, I'm looking forward to doing a second version of this table with some design changes and done in cherry, and wouldn't mind selling this version. PM me if you'd like to discuss this. If you decide to build your own version, feel free to contact me about details, and some of the ways I did things differently from the official instructions and ways I plans to do things differently on the next version.
I like the design and it's well-executed.  The burl, to my eyes, makes the top a little busy and distracting to some of the nice details you put in the drawer.  Burl is kind of out of character with G&G.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Very Nice!!!!   Excellent job!

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop

Smile Great looking Table, The finish on the Walnut is great.  The kind I would like in my home (abit somewhat crowed with possesions).

Great looking bench the you photoed the Table

Keep working with wood and stay safe.

Wood-banger in SE PA