Deburring / Chamfering / Countersinking Holes
I use a V bit in a router

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I am not always a fan of a conical countersink in hardwood.  If it is too near the edge it can cause the wood to crack.

[Image: fastener.gif]

A flat head screw with a flat countersink works well, but is not very pleasing to the eye.

These resolve that issue but are expensive if there are lots of screws involved.  

[Image: 01k7001s1.jpg]

A panhead screw with a counterbore might be a better choice.

[Image: Countersunk_and_counterbored_holes_cross-section.png]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(06-13-2018, 10:51 AM)Cooler Wrote: I am not always a fan of a conical countersink in hardwood.  If it is too near the edge it can cause the wood to crack.

[Image: fastener.gif]

A flat head screw with a flat countersink works well, but is not very pleasing to the eye.

These resolve that issue but are expensive if there are lots of screws involved.  

[Image: 01k7001s1.jpg]

A panhead screw with a counterbore might be a better choice.

[Image: Countersunk_and_counterbored_holes_cross-section.png]

I have never seen these before but have had cases where the counter bore filler would have worked well.
Where did you see these and what are they called?
(06-13-2018, 12:37 PM)wood-chips Wrote: I have never seen these before but have had cases where the counter bore filler would have worked well.
Where did you see these and what are they called?

Lee Valley, though I doubt that they are the most economical source.  About 80¢ each.  So for 4 visible screws, a great deal.  For 50 screws, I'd have to do some soul searching.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/Pag...1306,41316

[Image: 01k7001i.jpg]

Cheaper is to counterbore and use wood plugs with pan head screws:

[Image: pan-head-screw-special-alloy-pan-head-screw-500x500.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.