WTB: Bent or Curved Bowl Gouges for Carving
Took a great bowl carving workshop with David Fisher at the Greenwood Festival.
Now I need to fill in some important tools
Big Grin that I never needed before.
Looking for bent, sometimes called curved, carving gouges. NOT turning gouges. Ideally, #5 sweep about 25 to 40 mm wide. Might consider other sweeps and sizes. 
Karlsson, Pfeil, or other quality makers. Not interrested in junk or project tools. Please let me know what you have with size, brand, and price. A couple of pictures would help move things along.
Thanks, Ron.
(06-08-2018, 12:36 PM)ron kanter Wrote: Took a great bowl carving workshop with David Fisher at the Greenwood Festival.
Now I need to fill in some important tools
Big Grin that I never needed before.
Looking for bent, sometimes called curved, gouges. Ideally, #5 sweep about 25mm wide. Might consider other sweeps and sizes. 
Karlsson, Pfeil, or other quality makers. Not interrested in junk or project tools. Please let me know what you have with size, brand, and price. A couple of pictures would help move things along.
Thanks, Ron.

I have one that I do not use and I would sell it to you.  It is in Like New Condition.

Thanks!
John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
John,
Thanks for the offer.
From the pictures, it looks like a gouge for bowl turning rather than a bowl gouge for carving with the bend along the length of the blade.
A curved bowl gouge would only be about 10 or 12 inches long.
Sorry if my original post wasn't clear.
Ron
(06-08-2018, 01:23 PM)ron kanter Wrote: John,
Thanks for the offer.
From the pictures, it looks like a gouge for bowl turning rather than a bowl gouge for carving with the bend along the length of the blade.
A curved bowl gouge would only be about 10 or 12 inches long.
Sorry if my original post wasn't clear.
Ron

no problem

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Any bowl carvers ready to move on to sky diving?
I'm happy to pay cash for your unused gouge so you can buy a decent parachute.
My green wood is drying out.

Any bent gouges out there looking for a home?