Menards Butcher blocks
Was going to order two .... delivered . good or bad . Hate buying sight unseen .
counter 40 " wide

also

Thanks Packerguy

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

No experience with Menards, but Rockler changed their supplier, I guess.  I've used their "butcher block" tops a few times.  The last one was made of 1x2 stock not the "customary" 2x2.  Good luck.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
We made a counter island top from the Menards butcher blocks. Screwed and glued two together for a wide top. 2 inches thick. Good product. You must soak it with mineral oil over and over for the first few weeks.
Ours is three years old. Love it. --Peter
(06-09-2018, 10:38 AM)fishhh4 Wrote: Was going to order two ....  delivered . good or bad . Hate buying sight unseen .
counter 40 " wide

also

Thanks Packerguy

What is the use going to be? 

A workbench top would face a lot less scrutiny than a counter top.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(06-09-2018, 01:23 PM)handi Wrote: What is the use going to be? 

A workbench top would face a lot less scrutiny than a counter top.
Kitchen Island countertop .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(06-09-2018, 10:38 AM)fishhh4 Wrote: Was going to order two ....  delivered . good or bad . Hate buying sight unseen .
counter 40 " wide

also

Thanks Packerguy

I picked up a 4' one. Im not using it as a benchtop, but to use for my disc and spindle sander on. (sort of a sanding workstation) 

If I get a chance ill post pics....but its solid. The endgrain joints are fingered. For the price they are hard to beat. 

The other ones I bought were from Ikea and were only 1" thick. These are thicker, and nicer. Not sure its thick enough to pound on and cut joinery, but for a general purpose workbench it fills the bill.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)