Any interest in back issues of woodworking magazines?
I have back issues of several subscriptions to woodworking magazines taking up shelf space. Are there any disabled veteran groups or other groups that could benefit from them? I hate to see them end up on garbage mountain or in a paper recycling bin if they can be of use to someone.

Local pick up or drop off (Cincinnati Tri-State area) would be ideal because postage is expensive. I think it cost nearly $40 to ship 100 issues of a carving magazine by USPS flat rate several years ago. However, if something can be worked out, distance would not matter.

I have not yet counted what I have, but I can say most issues are from the past 4-5 years. Titles include Wood, Woodworkers Journal, Popular Woodworking, and Woodcraft magazines.

If anyone has suggestions for a second life for these magazines, please PM me.

-Al Heitz (wood2woodknot)

Great idea Al.
Why not contact your local VA?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
When I went digital I donated my pubs to a local HS that has a ws.
Also check with local woodworking clubs. I do seminars for various clubs around SW Florida and several have their own “lending library” of magazines that the group share.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(06-10-2018, 10:01 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: When I went digital I donated my pubs to a local HS that has a ws.

Agree - contact local schools (from HS to Technical Colleges) that have woodworking programs/courses - Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Check with Arlin. I sent him 2 boxes filled, he was most appreciative. It felt good,
Yes
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
All of my magazines, woodworking and otherwise, go to a thrift shop that supports a local pet rescue organization. 

If you ship them USPS, check on "media rate".  It's slow, but probably a lot cheaper than flat rate.
Bob
Thanks for the ideas, especially BobW's about media rate. Still open to ideas/requests.

(06-10-2018, 10:27 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Thanks for the ideas, especially BobW's about media rate. Still open to ideas/requests.

Well, check your local library for their suggestions and/or donate to local doctor's & dentist's offices - would love to read a WW mag while waiting for an appointment vs. the usual stuff at those places!  
Smile Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
I was asking for them awhile back but we are now full of them.

If I could please suggest taking them to the VA hospital or VA clinic they would LOVE to look and read them.  Matter of fact they take a lot of them home with them since I seen one guy take home one of the ones I donated.  Nice to see to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.