Modified sawstop dust port
Cross posting this as some may not read my build log.

I modified the dust collection port on my 5hp sawstop for 8". I used a flange to Nordfab adapter. I wanted to preserve the dust shroud hose connection as well. Here are some pictures of how I did it.

[Image: MVIMG_20180611_183007_zpsvfglsnac.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180611_183836_zpsjqwcqkw8.jpg]

[Image: MVIMG_20180611_185208_zpsbhsslq2y.jpg]

[Image: MVIMG_20180611_185223_zpswkfwsnoz.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180611_185706_zpsxibg8mgz.jpg]

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

What is the net result?
I'd expect some loss of airflow at the blade shroud, but improved in the cabinet.
Do you also have collection from the blade guard?

Matt
I suspect that will work really well, especially with your particular DC. It will be interesting to hear the results.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(06-12-2018, 05:30 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I suspect that will work really well, especially with your particular DC. It will be interesting to hear the results.

So far it works great. I have more suction than I did with my 5hp cyclone in the tube and now have some collection in the cabinet. Really, that is mostly because the new collector is crazy and the  old setup had a 20'+ length of 4" flex I am guessing.

I will be installing a Excalibur over blade guard tonight.

Here was the test. I will be adding a short piece of 8" flex and lowering the pipe back to the ground so my out feed table and span it and the pipe and hose will come from under the table. Also going to shrink that pipe a bit - I want the saw to not cross my 14' wide driveway through the middle of the shop. Shop is designed to be able to drive through bringing martials in and taking projects out. Also a drive-in movie theater
Smile

[Image: IMG_20180611_215943_zpsoweb7pvi.jpg]

(06-11-2018, 11:36 PM)mdhills Wrote: What is the net result?

A big frickin' hole in the back of his saw cabinet. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
there is no kill like overkill

I have thought about doing this to my PM 66. For one thing, just connecting a hose to it has proven to be a pita.
The nordfab clamp system is pretty sweet. Super easy. A tool adapter and hose adaoter and one clamp and you would be in business.