What to do with...
Cut-offs, scraps too big for the burn pile...yet take up too much room in the shop...like these?
Confused  

These three were left over from the bedframe project....2 x 10 x 18" or so long...
Decided to rip one down into leg blanks, again...
Cool 

This time around, there will be a slight "twist"...
Rolleyes  

leaving 1" wide legs.   Four cuts per leg..

Then repeat for the other three blanks....

Will need the spokeshaves to smooth things out....

One of the other two planks was a Knot Farm.....more on that, in Part 2
Stay tuned...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Ok, after Lunch today, wandered back to the shop....that plank with all those knots needed resawn....

Trying to get a few good pieces about 3/4" x 2" x however long....then a mitersaw to cut out the bigger knots..
Rolleyes  

You were expecting one with a motor, right
Winkgrin 
Sorted through the parts, and cut a few of the better ones for apron stock...

Which left this pile of "Just-in-Case" parts...
Winkgrin  

In case I mis-cut something ( who...me?
Rolleyes )

Maybe tomorrow, after Second Breakfast, I can get the planes and spokeshaves busy?   May bevel the under side of the top?   Maybe somewhere between 3/4" to 1" thick on the edge?
 Table will be a Plant Stand.....planter is about the size of a 5 gal. bucket...
Raised

There IS a 3/8" dowel lurking around in the shop, as well.....maybe wedge  them in place about halfway to the floor on the legs? 
Confused

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
I'm glad to see you actually build something out of your offcuts. I always mean to, but most of the time they end up piled around my lumber storage area. I do use 2X material a lot for blocking and other jobs around the house, but they still pile up.

Usually I either burn them or let the kids play with them. There's no end to what they can create in the back yard with scraps of wood.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Off cuts are good. Keep the ones used to make jigs. Never know when that jig can be resurrected.
COPD caused a big "Coughing Jag"  last night....pulled something under the right shoulder blade....making things a bit rough to do.....like pushing a plane around..yes, it does HURT when I cough today....will have to wait and see how the day goes......before any more gets done.  
Sad
Sad
Sad 

Not sure about pulling a spokeshave, yet....either.
Inhaler seems to be keeping the coughing down....Got the legs cleaned up, sized the same, outside corner rounded, and they are all sanded smooth..

Marked as to where the aprons will go...
Cool  

Aprons have been planed until they are all the same width, and thickness..

These are the show sides...one of the long aprons has a surprise...
Rolleyes 

Yeah, but it didn't seem to bother the Jack plane..
Winkgrin ...swept the floor..
Uhoh  

Was a busy day....but I wasn't quite done....stay tuned for the next episode...
Winkgrin
Episode 2:
Winkgrin 
Legs and aprons were done, need to work on the top, a bit...or at least the underside of it...
Confused  

Handsome, isn't it
Rolleyes   Needed a line along the edge, about halfway down....3/4" or so....to leave a 3/4" thick edge to the top.   A second line was needed ..

1-1/4" back from the edge.....these are the "stop lines" for a bevel...

One the lines were planed away, time to stop.   bevel is the underside of the top.   One done, three more to do.   Will do the other end grain end next, the the sides will get their bevels.
Made a pile on the floor again..
Rolleyes  

Cleaned this up, and called it a day, back was hurting. 

Once I get these bevels done, I can size the aprons for length.   Then the Mortise and Tenon work can get done.  ( and maybe the back will heal up)
Stay tuned
OWW!
Uhoh  Still hurting when I cough, this morning.

Will try after Lunch, and see IF the other three bevels can get done.    Mortise and Tenon stuff I can do sitting down on the shop stool...
Cool

Design for this stand is all in my head, nothing written down...Single Brain Cell Sketch Up is doing all the plan details....
Winkgrin 

Might be cooler down in the shop, today....and there is a fan, at least.

Hopefully I am not boring anyone...moving at the speed of smell
Rolleyes
(06-14-2018, 09:12 AM)bandit571 Wrote: OWW!
Uhoh  Still hurting when I cough, this morning.

Will try after Lunch, and see IF the other three bevels can get done.    Mortise and Tenon stuff I can do sitting down on the shop stool...
Cool

Design for this stand is all in my head, nothing written down...Single Brain Cell Sketch Up is doing all the plan details....
Winkgrin 

Might be cooler down in the shop, today....and there is a fan, at least.

Hopefully I am not boring anyone...moving at the speed of smell
Rolleyes

Not boring at all!  I really enjoy the build-along

Hope your are feeling better soon!

-Brian
So just want are you making?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.