Overhead trolley for Festool vac hose
I get tired of moving the hose for my Festool saw when making a cut.  

I am thinking of adding an overhead trolley for the hose (and maybe the power cord).

I can get a rail and two trolleys intended for barn doors for about $70.00.  (See below)

Is there any reason that this will not work?  I would use velcro and bungee cords to attach the hose to the trolley.  

Any suggestions would be welcome.
[Image: exterior-sliding-barn-door-plans-nationa...ctions.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Should work great.

I had thought about adding tracks to each ceiling joist, then once across those on trolleys, to build a light duty gantry crane for moving <200 lb projects around the shop. I have already tested my framing, and the tracks are rated at 440 lb loads... But like many of my projects, never get past an idea ($).
I love the idea.

To me I would make it less bulky by using Router bearings and cut wood and glue them together to make the rail/track and then attach a piece of metal between two bearings with a chunk of wood to put all the doodads on.  I am thinking my way would cost less then $20 for bearings a piece of 1/4x2x10 metal from Menards.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Question 
Strut channel can be found in the electrical department at any Home Depot.
Trolleys and trolley hangers for same from McMaster - Carr. And other do -dads.
https://www.mcmaster.com/#trolleys/=1daifxb
Watch what size you pick, so they match each other.
I keep mine mounting on a photography boom mounted to the wall. It telescopes but 95% of the time I keep it extended and just pivot it back to the wall if I need it out of the way. I have the 30’ sleeves hose and mounted the book such that I can use it at both my work bench and MFT. It works well for me.
-Marc

I am re-thinking using less expensive options.

I am thinking of using these shower curtain hooks and perhaps 1" diameter steel conduit.

[Image: 33MP54_AS01?%24mdmain%24]

Any thoughts on this?  It would be cheaper and I think the balls will make it slide well enough.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
That should work. Might want to use 2 or 3 hooks to hold the weight if you accidentally tug on the hose.

I used some leftover medical curtain tracks and curtain hooks used in medical bays. They’re made to hold heavy 10’ curtains that are constantly pulled on. Not a cheap option if you don’t find a deal.
John
I use rubber tarp straps, no rail. Just hangs from the ceiling and stretches.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Use a piece of bungee cord (cut to length, not with the hooks) hung from the ceiling, done.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
This is what I was thinking which is A, B, or C.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#trolleys/=1dbchet

Then scroll down to Strut Channel Trolleys and click on that

Then scroll down to where it says "A..... 50".
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.