The three little pigs, Now 4 Oh my
Big Grin 
I made piggy banks for my grand sons and my newest great nephew. Made a snug wedge fit for the two half's so they can be opened, Started with a 4" block ended up about 3-3/4 round and from 4-1/2" to 5-1/2 " long each one 1/2" longer, Made of cherry with oil polly finish. takes a bit of time.    Probably will give them out at Christmas.

fun turning
Yes , now My wife wants one
Laugh  

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Alright, those are spectacular.
(06-16-2018, 10:01 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: Alright, those are spectacular.

That is Cute and nicely done to Don.  How did you do the tails and ears?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-16-2018, 11:38 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: That is Cute and nicely done to Don.  How did you do the tails and ears?
Thanks

For the tail I turned a 3/4 to 5/8 " dowel,  round off the end/ sand corners off and cut off about 3/16 thick . took a scrap piece of 1/4" ply and sticky taped the disk flat side down on it. draw the curly on it and cut out the inside curve on bandsaw. clean up with dremel.

The ears, you turn a cone and sand,( looks like a bullet point)  leave it attached to the block for a handle, split it in half on bandsaw then cut it off. take it to spindle sander and curve out the inside taking more off the thicker base than the tip.  A  3/4 " spindle works great for that
that's how I did it.

Don
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Those are great; really cute.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(06-16-2018, 04:18 PM)Woodshop Wrote: Thanks

For the tail I turned a 3/4 to 5/8 " dowel,  round off the end/ sand corners off and cut off about 3/16 thick . took a scrap piece of 1/4" ply and sticky taped the disk flat side down on it. draw the curly on it and cut out the inside curve on bandsaw. clean up with dremel.

The ears, you turn a cone and sand,( looks like a bullet point)  leave it attached to the block for a handle, split it in half on bandsaw then cut it off. take it to spindle sander and curve out the inside taking more off the thicker base than the tip.  A  3/4 " spindle works great for that
that's how I did it.

Don

You know I keep forgetting how much can be done off of the lathe also. 
Slap   I guess I keep thinking one dimensional.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very nice,you are going to have some very happy kiddies.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(06-16-2018, 09:42 AM)Woodshop Wrote: I made piggy banks for my grand sons and my newest great nephew. Made a snug wedge fit for the two half's so they can be opened, Started with a 4" block ended up about 3-3/4 round and from 4-1/2" to 5-1/2 " long each one 1/2" longer, Made of cherry with oil polly finish. takes a bit of time.    Probably will give them out at Christmas.

fun turning
Yes , now My wife wants one
Laugh  

I like how you think. Nice work!
Nicely done...
Yes

Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Those are outstanding.
I like how you oriented the grain so it gives the piggies balance.
How did you do the lips, mouth and eyes?