Paint workshop walls or leave natural wood?
I like the idea of painting it white. That’s what I did, and soon I’m going to do it again. White painted walls make the shop so much easier to work in.
(06-17-2018, 03:47 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: This is an adjunct to my shop thread.  I got the paneling up for the most part.  I still need to trim the ceiling and corner and add much more french cleat.  I'll trim in 1x4 or 1x3 pine.  

The duct collector will be elevated as high as I can to obscure the window less.  I need to add a 2x12 cleat for that and figure out how to lift it.  I have a few outlet cut-out errors to mask as well.  

The question I had asked in my shop thread was whether to paint the walls or not.  The decision was to paint.  I'm now re-thinking that decision even though I have $120 in paint standing by.  The third wall of this shop is unpainted drywall (firewall to the house) so the paint still has utility if I don't use it here.  The 4th wall is OSB, and I'm not sure what I'll do there.  

Mike

Sorry to post but I would not paint it at all but seal it up so it will clean better when crud gets on it.

You can see what I did to my shop when it got built and I posted it here.

I am hoping Pat Zabranski teaches me how to make cabinets to put on the one wall over the bench for more storage and matching the walls to.

[attachment=11382]

[attachment=11381]

My BIL found the .75x4x8 sheets of Birch plywood for only $15 per sheet on Craig's list and we got all 9 of them and you can see what I did to them.  I sanded 3 times and put on clear shellac 3 times and it came out great.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.