Dust Collector Update
I just pulled the string on a new dust collector.

In a few previous posts, I was on the wall regarding which way to go.  i currently have a Duper Dust Deputy hooked up to an incredibly underpowered 1HP unit.  Although the SDD separated the dust as promised, the 1HP unit is just not powerful to pull all the dust, especially out of my tablesaw.

My plan was to buy the Powermat 3HP unit with the double pleated foilters and retrofit it to the SDD to create a cyclone.  I was hesitant to go this route, though, because I didn;t want to spend that much money and have a rigged DC system in the end that didn't meet my expectations.

I ended up going with the 3HP JET Cyclone unit.  Craft Supplies USA (www.woodturnerscatalog.com) is currently having a 15% off sale on JET and Powermatic through phone orders.  It is really more like a 10% off sale since oversized shipping charge of $120 still applied.  Overall I think I may be happier with this arrangement since the unit is more compact and self-contained and I still may use it as a rolling portable unti as opposed to plumbing dust collection ductwork.  And as a comparison, I did look at Grizzly before going this route, but the 3HP Grizzly unit is a full 20 inches taller and not rollable ... besides, I really don't trust the states on their site and don't want to deal with the ongoing backorder issues other folks have recently had.

The unit drop ships directly out of Tenessee and the rep at Craft Supplies USA mentioned that he is getting shipping notifications this morning on items ordered last week.

I'll post again to let you know what my thoughts are once it is delivered and assembled.  i think the only thing I have to change is the plug end.  It comes standard with a 6-20P 240V-20A plug ... I wired my shop with 220V-30A receptacles.  So i'll have to swap out the plug for a 6-30.
I had to look that unit up, nice! There's no doubt in mind that you will be happy with it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(06-19-2018, 05:31 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I had to look that unit up, nice! There's no doubt in mind that you will be happy with it.

So did I . Nice unit .
[Image: jetn717530k.jpg]

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.