Table Saw reconstruction
I recently relocated from Indiana to North Carolina. The movers had a great deal of difficulty dealing with my Ridgid TS3650 table saw, breaking off the casting that supports the safety cover, breaking the end off the router table extension, and removing the motor, it turns out, incorrectly. Ignoring the safety shield issue, and the router table, I decided at long last to reassemble the motor. I got it in place, adjusted it so the pulleys seem to be in line, and turned it on to see what happens. Well, it spins, but makes a high-pitched "scream" that isn't coming from the belt. 

I guess I'll have to just tweak it until I figure it out. Any ideas?
Shouldn't the movers be responsible to get it fixed or replaced
(06-19-2018, 11:54 AM)fixtureman Wrote: Shouldn't the movers be responsible to get it fixed or replaced

Of course, but the way it works is they offer you $0.68 PER POUND compensation. The saw weighs around 200 lbs. Gets me $140 max, though the process likely to take several months. Hardly worth the time and effort. 

Side note, I could have upgraded to full replacement cost insurance for only about $3,000 with a $1,000 deductible. Whole move was $17,000 all in. Wonder why I didn't upgrade....
I would go for whatever compensation you can get from the movers.

Aside from that, have you tried running the motor without the belt on it? Not sure how they could have done it, but it is possible the movers messed up the motor.
(06-19-2018, 10:31 AM)JimShaffer Wrote: I recently relocated from Indiana to North Carolina. The movers had a great deal of difficulty dealing with my Ridgid TS3650 table saw, breaking off the casting that supports the safety cover, breaking the end off the router table extension, and removing the motor, it turns out, incorrectly. Ignoring the safety shield issue, and the router table, I decided at long last to reassemble the motor. I got it in place, adjusted it so the pulleys seem to be in line, and turned it on to see what happens. Well, it spins, but makes a high-pitched "scream" that isn't coming from the belt. 

I guess I'll have to just tweak it until I figure it out. Any ideas?

Did you maintain a homeowners/renters policy across the move.  I'm with USAA and they cover all HHG's and would pick up the difference not covered by the movers.
(06-19-2018, 08:46 PM)cams2705 Wrote: Did you maintain a homeowners/renters policy across the move.  I'm with USAA and they cover all HHG's and would pick up the difference not covered by the movers.

Good question, though it would not be covered unless it was a peril covered by the homeowner's policy. Rain, wind, etc. I checked early on. So, if the truck went off the road and the rain damaged the load, it would be covered.... Matters little, though, $1,000 deductible. 

I did determine that the sound was apparently caused by having the blade fully retracted. When I moved the blade up into operating position, the sound went away. I think the problem is solved! Thanks.
Big Grin