Lathe question
(06-22-2018, 07:26 AM)Bope Wrote: Thanks for all the replies. This used lathe looks to be all intact. I have posted the craigslist link below. I probably need to be smart financially and not get this at this time. This fall will be a better time for my cash flow to get turning equipment.

Wait for the better cash flow and a better lathe. That lathe was not restored by anyone who knows anything about a lathe. The biggest tells are the painted ways and the painted tool rest top. No turner would ever do that. That puts the bearings and other critical parts in question as well.

While you are waiting for a better lathe to turn up, I would suggest visiting one of your local woodturning clubs. It looks like either

AAW Chapter
Finger Lakes Woodturners Association
Website
http://www.fingerlakeswoodturners.org

or

AAW Chapter
Genesee Valley Woodturners Guild
in Henrietta

might be close to you.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Having looked at the image on Craigslist, I would give it a miss. The chisels listed are not turning chisels - they are for hand use.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
Thanks for the insight on the lathe for sale. I will check out the Finger Lakes Woodturners. In Oct. they have a presentation on pen making.