Rough Cut TV Show
I look at all of these shows to learn something new or a better way to do something. I don’t look at a project as a whole but sometimes a project looks a interesting but will do it my way.

There is not one show now or ever that clearly outlines each step so they all give you the highlights and expect you to do it on your own. Norm and Tommy Mac I showed how to mill wood in 30 seconds so if you didn’t understand what was going on you needed to read up on it.

All of these shows should be two parts but the expectation is they show you the highlights and you figure it out.
Don
(06-26-2018, 08:39 PM)DFJarvie Wrote: I look at all of these shows to learn something new or a better way to do something. I don’t look at a project as a whole but sometimes a project looks a interesting but will do it my way.

I've not made anything from a plan that I didn't modify in a significant way for the last 25 years; with the exception of a router fluting jig designed, if I recall correctly, by our own Handi, which I have used with considerable success for many years now.

EDIT:  went to Ralph's site and he graciously posted the plan for everyone's use:  https://www.woodcademy.com/published-art...luting-jig
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I stumbled upon this while Googleing "Tommy Mac":  

Formerly the host of "Rough Cut" on PBS,  Tommy has seemingly stepped away from woodworking as a full-time profession and instead is working with his wife on a video blog devoted to missing persons cases.  Apparently Tommy lost his eldest sister as the result of her unsolved murder.  He and his wife have done a couple of stories of similar tragedies in New England.  He understandably gets very choked up in some of the segments where interviews with the surviving families are being filmed.  beyond the two cases covered, there doesn; seem to be be much other content available yet.  

In one case he does help the surviving family build a basement office in their home, so that they can memorialize their loved-one and pursue leads in the investigation.

The video series is entitled " Murder Matters", found here: [font="Crimson Text", Georgia, Cambria, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]www.murdermatters.com[/font]
(09-28-2021, 02:59 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: I stumbled upon this while Googleing "Tommy Mac":  

Formerly the host of "Rough Cut" on PBS,  Tommy has seemingly stepped away from woodworking as a full-time profession and instead is working with his wife on a video blog devoted to missing persons cases.  Apparently Tommy lost his eldest sister as the result of her unsolved murder.  He and his wife have done a couple of stories of similar tragedies in New England.  He understandably gets very choked up in some of the segments where interviews with the surviving families are being filmed.  beyond the two cases covered, there doesn; seem to be be much other content available yet.  

In one case he does help the surviving family build a basement office in their home, so that they can memorialize their loved-one and pursue leads in the investigation.

The video series is entitled " Murder Matters", found here: [font="Crimson Text", Georgia, Cambria, "Times New Roman", Times, serif]www.murdermatters.com[/font]

He does both. He's had a commercial shop in Boston up and running for a while now.

https://tommymac.us/

Long, long ago he was a member of this forum.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin