Kitchen Faucet Recommendation
Live near the ocean. Need to replace 13 year old faucet. Recommendations appreciated.
not enough info there.
I recommend  Moen and Kohler to my customers. Both of their customer service departments can and will talk you through almost any problem. Whichever brand you end up with tell them you wanted to use the other but your contractor insisted yours was better. They'll probably overnight you a new cartridge and E-mail the instructions right away. The products at the big box stores are not always as good as the same style from a plumbing supply house. Obviously their margins need to be a little higher, but you get what you pay for, sort of. I've found that good quality name brand faucet should never really need to be replaced.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(06-24-2018, 03:29 PM)Gibbcutter Wrote: Live near the ocean. Need to replace 13 year old faucet. Recommendations appreciated.

(06-24-2018, 05:27 PM)fixtureman Wrote: not enough info there.

My same thoughts - what does 'living near the ocean' have to do w/ a faucet replacement?  Also if a 'kitchen faucet', what are your needs, e.g. do you want both hot & cold controlled w/ one handle, do you want the faucet to pull out (vs. having an extra extension), and what brands/price range are in the budget?  In our kitchen, we have a while Moen similar to the one shown below which works fine for us - agree more info needed.  Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
(06-24-2018, 03:29 PM)Gibbcutter Wrote: Live near the ocean. Need to replace 13 year old faucet. Recommendations appreciated.

I've always bought Delta faucets with a lifetime warranty. My kitchen faucet had some of the chrome finish start chipping off at about 12 yrs old. I called them and they sent me out a new replacement within a week.  I've also had a bathroom faucet that started leaking at about 15 yrs old. Once again I called them and they sent me out a new cartridge for it in about 10 days which I installed & it stopped the leak.
  I don't think you can ask for any better service than that.
I went with this import one about 2-1/2 months ago. Had a slight problem with the head dripping when switched from spray to stream. Wasn't a big deal but I mentioned it in the review. They contacted *me* (seller) and they shipped me a new head out.
Big Grin 

Very easy install. I really like the pullout hose. Handle can be positioned any direction.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B076...UTF8&psc=1
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I would not suggest a pull out type if you have hard or corrosive water. You can beat the servicibility of a Moen.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Went with a GROHE. Expensive but worth the extra cost.

I recently installed this Kohler faucet. Been 2 years and love it.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-Sous-.../206086636

We went with Grohe faucets in all the bathrooms and love those too. Very well made.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
(06-24-2018, 05:45 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: I recommend  Moen and Kohler to my customers. Both of their customer service departments can and will talk you through almost any problem. Whichever brand you end up with tell them you wanted to use the other but your contractor insisted yours was better. They'll probably overnight you a new cartridge and E-mail the instructions right away. The products at the big box stores are not always as good as the same style from a plumbing supply house. Obviously their margins need to be a little higher, but you get what you pay for, sort of. I've found that good quality name brand faucet should never really need to be replaced.

I have a Moen faucet set in my bath.  It came with proprietary tighten-by-hand hot and cold hoses.  The hoses failed in the first 12 months causing water damage to my vanity.

I had to special order the hoses and it took a week for them to arrive.  

The faucet is real chrome plating over ABS plastic.  Chrome is a very hard metal and normally quite scratch-resistant.  Not so with this faucet set.  The drain, which is scrubbed along with Scotchbrite (green) scratched badly and it is to be expected.  3M makes a special pad for chrome (Scotchbrite 350 delicate).  But the faucets themselves have only been cleaned with microfiber clothes and soapy water and they too are getting scratches.  I don't know what kind of chrome they are using for these, but it seems that it is not very  scratch-resistant.

I would have a problem recommending the Moen line.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.