Makita screw driving bit.
I've been driving a lot of washer head screws lately and they take special magnetic drivers.  I've used DeWalt and (I think) Bosch, and now Makita.  The Makita is by far the best, primarily because it has by far the strongest magnet.  I recommend it.  About $4.00 from Amazon.com

[Image: 41LDSxHPS7L._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY500_SX500_.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.

Cool Thanks for sharing
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thanks, I've often wondered about the quality of Makita bits. I've been using Milwaukee brand for a few years, never really pleased. I needed a new #2 square drive and HD was sold out of Milwaukee so I bought a Dewalt. The Dewalt is much better than Milwaukee. next time, I'll give Makita a try. Thanks for the recommendation.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
museumguy- the Makita gold bits are fantastic. they are a bit pricy but last well. They have a new cheaper line coming out but I havent used them yet. If you want top quality grab some of the gold bits.

this is a nice start https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHSVNEU?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
I was only referring to the magnetic holder.  I have no data on the bits.
(07-02-2018, 07:37 AM)johnson23 Wrote: I can't get the bits out of the bit holder tools, is this a defect with the set I got? Any suggestions on how to remove it?

When the magnet gets really strong it is hard to remove the bits.  I've had to resort to pliers, especially when my hands are sweaty (like today--96 degrees and humid).
(07-02-2018, 07:37 AM)johnson23 Wrote: I can't get the bits out of the bit holder tools, is this a defect with the set I got? Any suggestions on how to remove it?

WD40

Spammer
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020