Kitchen Bin
I'm in the process of doing some paint-up, fix-up in our kitchen. I'm considering installing some of those sink front tip out bins like this . Does anyone have these in their kitchen? Is it worth doing?
Got 'em. Hate 'em. Don't hold much and collect trash.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(06-28-2018, 03:31 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: Got 'em.  Hate 'em.  Don't hold much and collect trash.

Ours holds vegetable brushes and stove top cleaner.  No big deal but does not hurt anything.  Roly
Have it and like it. We keep sponges and other small cleaning tools in there. Helps keep the sink area from looking messy. Like a previous poster said, “it doesn’t hurt.”
When LOML and I first saw one of those in a house decades ago, we thought it would be a good thing.  

Four years ago, we bought a house that has one.

Doesn't get used.  In fact, there's a tray on the countertop next to the kitchen sink faucet that holds the stuff that the tip-out bin would hold.

If we didn't have one there already, I wouldn't go to any extra effort whatsoever to install one.
At the old house the panels under the sink were held on by clips.  I pulled them off and converted them to tipout bins.  We liked them a lot, they held the sponges, etc and got the clutter off the counter.  The new house the panels are glued/screwed on. I haven't gotten around to getting them off and installing new bins.  

We didn't have a problem with them collecting anything we didn't want in there.
DAMHIKT but constantly being touched by wet hands/fingers isn't great for the finish.
cut them off altogether and installed a farmhouse sink.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
Well! It seems that some do and some don't. Surprise! I think that since I have the covers off anyway for refinishing and the tray kits are not expensive, I'll install a pair and see how we like them. Thanks for the comments.