HANDTOOLS: Matched set of Vintage Carving Chisels- Now $80 Shipped
Well, summertime is a slow tool buying season, but here's some special items worthy of your consideration, not often offered and priced reasonably if you're so inclined.....

First up is a Stanley 65 chamfer spokeshave; not rare per se, but not at all common out there and a really nice tool to have in the shop.  This one has 98% japanning, Sweetheart vintage, complete and original, plenty of iron, zero apologies.  Its the real deal.  Not much else to say, here's a teaser pic, and you can see more pics in the linked Flickr album below.  Yours or $75 plus shipping:

[Image: 29224016168_0d36a867d0_b.jpg]

Next up is a matched set of carving chisels; 1/2" gouge; 3/8" gouge; 1/4" gouge; 5/8" bent (cranked) gouge; 1/4" straight and 1/4" skew chisels.  Well cared for, no mark I could find but very well made, and they have killer rosewood handles, all solid with no cracks.  A really nice carving set for someone so inclined.  Handles are well shaped and feel good in the hand, brass ferrules.  You'll have to pay attention to sharpening, but that goes with the territory for vintage stuff.  Yours for $90 shipped, thats $15 each all in -  price similar new carving chisels at $30++ apiece and you'll see the value here, and you won't get those killer handles.  Teaser pic below, more pics in the linked album:  NOW $80 SHIPPED.
[Image: 42191667705_b7e1db7d4f_b.jpg]

Here's the link to the Flickr album, where you can increase the size and take a good look.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...6846657461

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority; please send along your full shipping address so I can quote postage and/or print up a mailing label; I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order unless I know you from the forum then checks are just dandy.

Quality tools that I would own and use, priced reasonably for the user.  Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Chamfer shave! PM sent
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Stanley 65 is sold. Carving chisels remain available, with the killer handles......
Let's close out this thread; these really nice carving chisels are now $80 shipped to you in the USA. Can't beat that with a stick for vintage chisels, and like I said, the handles are killer.....
Chisels are sold. Thanks to all for looking.
Thank goodness - Whoever got the great deal saved me from spending money I don't have on some really nice tools for which I have no current need.
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''