Need a new dishwasher
I need a new dishwasher because our old one died after 13 years on the job.
It was a Kenmore but nothing fancy.
Can anyone recommend a decent new one for under $500 ?
We decided to stay away from Sears products because they are going under.

Thanks for any help guys.
(07-01-2018, 10:36 AM)Herb G Wrote: I need a new dishwasher because our old one died after 13 years on the job.
It was a Kenmore but nothing fancy.
Can anyone recommend a decent new one for under $500 ?
We decided to stay away from Sears products because they are going under.
Hi Herb - we have a KitchenAid which has worked fine for years, but pricey - just went to CR online and searched for their current recommendations - ratings on left, prices listed there far right - looks like KitchenAid is highly recommended but the cheapest models listed are $900 - the Bosch and Kenmore models in the list do well at more modest pricing - just a start - good luck.  Dave
Smile

Quote:85 KitchenAid (KDTM354DSS) - $900
85 KitchenAid (DKTM384ESS) - $1,130
85 KitchenAid (KDPM354GPS) - $1, 035
85 KitchenAid (KDTM354ESS) - $900
83 Kenmore Elite (12793) - $1,335
83 Bosch Ascenta (SHX3AR7-5-US) - $540 - Best Buy
83 Bosch Ascenta (SHE3AR7-UC) - $540
83 Kenmore (14573) - $650
83 Kenmore (14543) - $700
82 KitchenAid (KDTM704ESS) - $1,645
82 KitchenAid (KDTM804EES) - $1,845
81 Thermador Sapphire (DWHD650JFM) - $1,700
81 Thermador Topaz (DWHD640JFP) - $1,500
81 Thermador Sapphire (DWHD650JFP) - $1,700
81 Kenmore Elite (14833) -$1,710
81 Kenmore (14523) - $650
81 Kenmore (14563) - $750
Piedmont North Carolina
(07-01-2018, 01:32 PM)giradman Wrote: Hi Herb - we have a KitchenAid which has worked fine for years, but pricey - just went to CR online and searched for their current recommendations - ratings on left, prices listed there far right - looks like KitchenAid is highly recommended but the cheapest models listed are $900 - the Bosch and Kenmore models in the list do well at more modest pricing - just a start - good luck.  Dave
Smile

I have had this one for a couple years, works good.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frigidaire-G...NwodDT4FHw
Got the basic Frigedaire,plain white.Hate SS.Quiet and works great.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I bought a Bosch dishwasher a couple of years ago in stainless steel from Lowes for under $500.00.  So quiet that they project a red light on the floor so you know it is on.  

My objection is that it has a 2 hour cycle for a full wash (everything comes clean).

The commercial dish washers at the local restaurant cleans dishes 45 seconds.  I checked on line and all the commercial dishwashers finish the cycle in 45 seconds to 90 seconds.

It seems like a more reasonable time frame to me.

But the Bosch cleans well and it very quite in in-budget.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(07-02-2018, 09:49 AM)Cooler Wrote: The commercial dish washers at the local restaurant cleans dishes 45 seconds.  I checked on line and all the commercial dishwashers finish the cycle in 45 seconds to 90 seconds.

It seems like a more reasonable time frame to me.

Wow.

I had to google "commercial dishwashers" and boy are they pricey.
Would be nice to have all the dishes done in a minute or two 
though.

I also noticed they use very little water. Some can run on 120 , but
most are 240. 

Probably not all that practical for home use, but man, if money were
not an object..... he he.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
We just bought a Kitchen Aid from Home Depot, about 2 weeks ago.  Delivered last week, I just finished installing it last night.  Had to make a new base for the cabinet.  We raised it up about 6", (I'm tall and hate bending down) the previous one started leaking before it did more than leak.  The plywood I used before was saturated and I was afraid of mold and other issues down the road. One load so far, looks good so far. I put a dishwasher tray underneath. Not sure if I should have used a washing machine one with a drain instead. We changed from white to Black SS.  White is getting harder to find these days. The sale price was $748, I tacked on the ext warranty for 5 years. I then got the 10% Military Discount, then they matched the Menards 11% rebate on the website. Dan
(07-02-2018, 02:37 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Wow.

I had to google "commercial dishwashers" and boy are they pricey.
Would be nice to have all the dishes done in a minute or two 
though.

I also noticed they use very little water. Some can run on 120 , but
most are 240. 

Probably not all that practical for home use, but man, if money were
not an object..... he he.

This is a small capacity (and slow) unit.  Your choice of 2 or 3 minute cycle.  

For restaurants they either have to use very high temperature water to sanitize the dishes or they have to add a chemical sanitizer.  And yes, even the "slow" 3 minute cycle would be nice after a Thanksgiving dinner with all the relatives on hand.  And if money were no obstacle I would get one too.  Even if it were noisy, it would be for just 2 or 3 minutes.  I could live with that.

https://www.centralrestaurant.com/Underc...KsQAvD_BwE

Looks pretty cool/industrial to me:

[Image: 226-071_2.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.