Not fine woodworking ...
but it involves wood, and I enjoyed the process.  You cannot see the vine, but in about 2 years it should show quite well.  I planted a yellow tea-rose.

I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(07-01-2018, 03:39 PM)Cecil Wrote: but it involves wood, and I enjoyed the process.  You cannot see the vine, but in about 2 years it should show quite well.  I planted a yellow tea-rose.

Very nice work - love the red, white and blue decorations!!! 
Yes

Doug
It looks fine to me. It looks great in fact!

Define; "Fine".
(07-01-2018, 03:39 PM)Cecil Wrote: but it involves wood, and I enjoyed the process.  You cannot see the vine, but in about 2 years it should show quite well.  I planted a yellow tea-rose.

I like what you've done. Hope it's more level than it looks here.
(07-02-2018, 04:25 PM)Birdseye Bill Wrote: I like what you've done. Hope it's more level than it looks here.

Yep, it is level.  I was going to retake the picture, but posted as is anyway.
(07-02-2018, 03:58 PM)daddo Wrote: It looks fine to me. It looks great in fact!

Define; "Fine".

Are you seeing "Fine?"  I wrote "vine" and I see "vine" written in the post.  I cannot see vine in the picture though.
The best woodworking is solving practical problems in elegant, decorative, practical ways with good, practical craftsmanship.

Did I say practical enough? And I'll repeat. Craftsmanship.

Nice work.

When God made the world, he called it good.
Phydeaux
(07-02-2018, 03:58 PM)daddo Wrote: It looks fine to me. It looks great in fact!

Define; "Fine".

When I read your post the first time, I thought the word "vine" in the content was showing up as "Fine."  I forgot about the title which states "Fine Woodworking"

Fine woodworking vs construction.

The trellis is a construction project.

Fine woodworking involves good quality wood, usually hardwood, tight joints and a finish.

The trellis is made of construction lumber, the joints are close and I did not apply a finish.

Therefore I would call this a construction project more than a woodworking project.

However, it was fun and it is still a piece of art.
I dig it............
(07-07-2018, 06:34 AM)Cian Wrote: I dig it............

totally  
Big Grin