WTB: Starrett 98 level (or similar)
I know this is a long shot, but I want a 4 or 6 inch machinist level.  They seem to go for just as much on ebay as they costs new, so maybe you would be better off selling it there.

This is one of those things that nobody seems to copy, although there are copies of the high precision levels.
(07-03-2018, 12:34 PM)EricU Wrote: I know this is a long shot, but I want a 4 or 6 inch machinist level.  They seem to go for just as much on ebay as they costs new, so maybe you would be better off selling it there.

This is one of those things that nobody seems to copy, although there are copies of the high precision levels.
Starrett seems to own this sector of the market.  Shown new on Amazon.com for $111.00.

I cannot imagine where I would need that kind of precision.  Perhaps on a laser aiming device.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Have you looked at the LV English Machinist's Level?

I have not compared it to a Starrett, but perhaps someone else here has.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I have a couple. I'll dig them out and PM you.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(07-03-2018, 02:05 PM)Cooler Wrote: I cannot imagine where I would need that kind of precision.  Perhaps on a laser aiming device.

what's funny is I can easily borrow a much better level. Hand scraped contact surfaces and a batch of gradient markings on the bubble.  It's too good for most purposes, and levels like that go for $500-1000.  I have it now for leveling my metal lathe. It's sensitive enough that I usually get a headache using it. The Starrett would be easier to use, but nobody I know has one. I think for leveling metalworking machines, the Starrett is perfect.

I found the Starrett level at work to be really handy.  Not so sensitive that it will drive you crazy, but you can really dial things in pretty well. And I never had reason to doubt it, unlike a lot of other levels.
(07-03-2018, 12:34 PM)EricU Wrote: I know this is a long shot, but I want a 4 or 6 inch machinist level.  They seem to go for just as much on ebay as they costs new, so maybe you would be better off selling it there.

I have a couple also. I'll dig them out tomorrow.
Eric, check your PM's
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$