Unusual Name for a Lathe
I subscribe to ISHITANI FURNITURE on YouTube.  It's from Japan and they make great woodworking videos - highly recommended.

In their most recent video there is a closeup of the lathe and I got a kick out of the tool's brand name.  Here's a screen capture:

[Image: 41386407240_8437e0fec1_b.jpg]

For those viewing on a small screen device it says: "VERIOK Wood Playing Tool"

Mike
"Wood Playing Tool" right below the brand name.

Truth, or was something lost in translation???
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
It's a step up in quality from their "SORTAOK" wood playing tools.
(07-04-2018, 11:30 AM)Mking143 Wrote: It's a step up in quality from their "SORTAOK" wood playing tools.

Big Grin
I always like seeing the dog in his videos....he makes some nice furniture as well.
(07-04-2018, 11:30 AM)Mking143 Wrote: It's a step up in quality from their "SORTAOK" wood playing tools.

Laugh
Maybe you chuck a piece of wood and play it like a xylophone as it spins around.
I used to be a bouncer in a bar years gone by.  One of the patrons asked me, "Does the juke box work?"  

I replied, "Juke boxes don't work; they play."
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Theres a lot that gets lost in translation, at all levels..

Worked on some GM crankshaft machinery once, according to the oem, it was a "clankshaft".

Laugh

Ed
It's a for real lathe name.  Made by the Off Corporation.  No joking.

Still Learning,

Allan Hill