A box I just completed
(07-05-2018, 08:39 AM)Woodshop Wrote: Very nice Brad
Cool unique
Yes  
if it needs a title I'd call it "cart crossing river"
Laugh
Exactly what I thought when I first saw it.  Nice work.
Thanks for the praise, gents. I have a few more in the queue; they should be done in the next week. This was a surprisingly easy box to make; I used spray adhesive to attach the patterns to the leg and handle stock; they located the holes drilled for the dowels. A stationary belt sander and oscillating spindle sander made quick work of the curves. The lesson I learned on this batch is to use painter's tape on the boxes when cutting the slots for the splines to prevent tearout.

With this box, I really experienced a great feeling of pride. Not because of the design (not mine) or end product (lots of flaws) but because my wife liked it so much that she demanded that it be hers. Coming from her, that's *high* praise.
Semper fi,
Brad

Good looking work.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
To quote Sgt A.J. Sierra, Sr. Drill Instructor, Plt 155 (1964), Parris isl.:

"Out f-ing standing!"
That's pretty cool .
Cool

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(07-06-2018, 09:21 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote:  Not because of the design (not mine)  

Great looking box. Its got kinda of an oriental flare to it.

Who's design is it ?
fall,

It's from a 2015 issue of Wood magazine. The plans are available on their site.

https://www.woodstore.net/Keepsake-box-p/gr-01088.htm
Semper fi,
Brad

Great looking box, Brad! You are deservedly proud, and not just because your wife liked it. You did a really nice job. I'll bet they sell well.
Brad

You did yourself proud on that one.  Did you go by plans or just make it?  If you have plans would you care so send me a copy?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-09-2018, 09:45 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: fall,

It's from a 2015 issue of Wood magazine.  The plans are available on their site.

https://www.woodstore.net/Keepsake-box-p/gr-01088.htm

Brad thanks for the heads up I will have to look at it in my past issues.