Remote Controls for Ceiling Fans
I would hook up the switch to the fan light and run the power in parallel from the light to the a new fan remote. You could alternately hook fan to the switch and the lights on remote. I used a remote made by Flower Angel and sold by Amazon.

I installed 2 high flow 60" fans in my garage using a remote for each fan. I didn't use a light kit as I have 4 - 4' lights. Set the remote module so 1 remote operates both fans.
After looking at how my fans were mounted I ordered this one. It was a tight fit but it is designed to side into the bracket that the fan hangss from. It works pretty well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W5U...UTF8&psc=1

Cool  Decent price
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-15-2018, 05:04 PM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Cool  Decent price

They're all more or less in that price range, at least on Amazon. My biggest concern was if it would fit.  The way mine works the drop bar hangs from a bracket.  This remote receiver is designed to slide into that bracket.  Like I said, it's a tight fit and it took some thinking to still have clearance for the wires.  I'll probably get another one for our den.  The wall switch  is in an awkward spot, and the fan and light aren't switched separately anyway.
That is what the receivers I have installed look like. I installed remote controls installed in the wall switch plate. That got the light and fan separated without having to pull new wires. They have batteries. We just like that better than a handheld remote that the kids would certainly have lost or broken... but they cost about 2x what you paid.
(07-08-2018, 09:32 AM)Herb G Wrote: I don't know about aftermarket remotes because all my Hunters have factory installed remotes built into them.
Maybe they work, and maybe they don't.
I wouldn't want to burn up an expensive fan trying one out to see if it works or not.

Hunter will sell you a new remote mine is lost but you have to take the base cover off to get model and mine is 12 feet up. So not likely a job for me.
I think Hunter makes a majority of the fans so check to see the maker
I was told that the fan makers all have similar remotes buil in now easy to find if you have the model maker ect.