30 tooth combo blade ?
Anyone recommend a decent priced, 30 tooth, thin kerf, combo, blade?
I read the Forrest WW 2, 30 tooth, rips great, and is also good for crosscuts.
I, as well as the op, who recommended the WW 2, also do most of my crosscuts on my DeWalt 7790 ras.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I have three of the WWII blades and very happy with them.  I got the TS, with two WWII blades, off Craig's List maybe 12 years ago.  Both blades have been re-sharpened several times.  Last year I was starting a project and did not want to wait on the sharpening company so I bought the third blade.  I have three other TS blades but they seldom see any use.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I've had a Freud Premier Fusion thin kerf combo blade on my saw for about 2 years. I've been very happy with it. For 80 bucks, I don't think you can beat it.
I have a 30 tooth WWII, and it is a great blade for ripping (most anything) and crosscuts. But I don't use it on my RAS, to me the hook angle is way to aggressive...the self feeding is fairly hard to control. So mine stays on the TS.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I use Freud 30 tooth glue line rip all the time as combo blade works great.

And you can by 2 for the price of a Forrest!!

LM74R010
I have a 30T Freud for ripping only, but have a 40T Forrest for ripping and CC. 30T seems a bit inadequate for CC but maybe for softer woods it would do ok. I have a lot of really hard woods that I would never use a thin kerf on (santos mohagany, yellowheart, bloodwood, ebony, et al).
Cellulose runs through my veins!
(07-09-2018, 09:52 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: I've had a Freud Premier Fusion thin kerf combo blade on my saw for about 2 years. I've been very happy with it. For 80 bucks, I don't think you can beat it.
I agree.  I have that same (2018 version) blade.  Excellent.  I wrote a review here:  https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...sion+blade
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
The 30-tooth WW II is excellent for ripping, but so is the 40-tooth, at least for wood up to one inch thick--glue ready rips.     The 30-tooth crosscuts fine, but I don't use it for that because the 40-tooth is better
I wrote about this in another thread but it is germane here as well.  

There seems to be a little confusion between a combination blade and a general purpose blade though I agree it is a little pedantic.   A combination blade is designed mainly for ripping and crosscutting and will usually have a flat tooth followed by (usually 4) ATB teeth, there is usually a large gullet after every set of 5 teeth.  This is called a COMB or combination grind.  General Purpose blades (like the WWII, Fusion, Super general et al) not only work for crosscuts and rips but also are designed to handle sheet goods like melamine and plywood at an acceptable level.  There aren't any flat teeth and the teeth will have an ATB or Hi-ATB grind, the top bevel on the teeth will be much higher than a combo blade which gives the shearing action to cut sheet good cleanly.  

While by no means universal you often see 50t combo blades and 40t GP blades.  

The 30t WWII is a good blade but starts lose out in edge quality to the 40t and 48t versions which may be of little concern since Xcutting seems to be the lower priority.  Based on what the OP has said I tend to agree with those suggesting a GLR (glue line rip) which will excel at quality finish ripping as well as the occasional crosscut.  It will rip quicker (than the 30t GP blade) and is cheaper.