WTB Record Vise No. 53
Looking for Record No. 53 vise with quick release. Will also consider a Record No. 52 1/2
I still remember years ago when Record was bought by Rubbermaid, and you could find Record products on closeout. I recall walking into an Ace Hardware thereafter and surprised to see a couple Record bench vises discounted. They weren't bottom basement cheap, but I'm still kicking myself for not picking one up.

EDIT - You may want to put a "WTB" in front of your thread title. I came in here excitedly thinking you had a 53 for sale.
Wink
(07-11-2018, 12:08 AM)Cian Wrote: I still remember years ago when Record was bought by Rubbermaid, and you could find Record products on closeout.  I recall walking into an Ace Hardware thereafter and surprised to see a couple Record bench vises discounted.  They weren't bottom basement cheap, but I'm still kicking myself for not picking one up.  

EDIT - You may want to put a "WTB" in front of your thread title.  I came in here excitedly thinking you had a 53 for sale.
Wink
Thanks for  your reply. I used to be neighbor of yours somewhat. Went to Marmion Military Academy in Aurora, and lived in Yorkville before moving to Ohio in 1989. Am an avid collector of Record tools, having over 75 planes and other pieces of memorabilia.
(07-11-2018, 12:08 AM)Cian Wrote: I still remember years ago when Record was bought by Rubbermaid, and you could find Record products on closeout.  I recall walking into an Ace Hardware thereafter and surprised to see a couple Record bench vises discounted.  They weren't bottom basement cheap, but I'm still kicking myself for not picking one up.  

EDIT - You may want to put a "WTB" in front of your thread title.  I came in here excitedly thinking you had a 53 for sale.
Wink
I bought one at Big Lots when they were closing them out..Still mounted on my bench but never used since I also have an Emmert on it.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(07-11-2018, 08:44 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I bought one at Big Lots when they were closing them out..Still mounted on my bench but never used since I also have an Emmert on it.

Thanks for your reply. If you someday decide to part with the Record No. 53 give me a shout.
there is a record 7" 52D vise on Ft worth Craigs list for $110. Don't know if he would ship? Contact info states Jim @ (682)472-2557
(07-11-2018, 08:36 AM)TULARE112 Wrote: Am an avid collector of Record tools, having over 75 planes and other pieces of memorabilia.

I like you already. 
Cool

Some examples of my Recorded madness:
[Image: Record_405_and_Company.jpg]
Have you checked out Lee Valley
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Sent a PM to you.
(07-11-2018, 04:48 PM)gov.cheese Wrote: Sent a PM to you.

You're killin' me, Sanford. 
Laugh