HANDTOOLS: Vintage RJ Bit Set; C-Man (MF) Brace (Crisp); Sargent #81
A few very worthy tools for your consideration, value priced for users.....

First up is a full set of vintage (pre-Stanley acquisition, so '30's or earlier) of Russell Jennings bits, with the fine lead screw for hardwoods; these were kept in an cloth roll (which is kind of gnarly, well no, VERY gnarly) but the old timers oiled the cloth rolls to protect the tools, and in this case it certainly worked.  Lead screws are not buggered, bits are clean and straight.  It has some extras, a really nice Millers Falls #48 adjustable bit, with both of the adjustable flutes, also in excellent condition (this is a $15 item by itself) as well as a countersink, but the countersink needs some work as it is worn.  Full set, #4 through #16.  Yours for $90 plus shipping, including the extras; price these new, and considering the extras, there is real value here for the user.   Teaser pic, full set of more pics in the Flickr album linked below:

[Image: 29540982998_7e841aced0_b.jpg]

Next is a Craftsman branded 10" brace that has all the hallmarks of a Millers Falls manufacture; total quality chuck, enclosed ratchet works, 100% mechanically sound and works like it should, as found condition, which is excellent, 90-95% nickeling and pretty crisp.  Yours for $25 plus shipping.  Buy it with the bits as a package for $110 plus shipping; teaser pic:
[Image: 29540978848_644ceda10c_b.jpg]

Last but not least is a Sargent #81 side rabbet plane; this is the criss-cross design which presumably inspired the Lee Valley version.  Apology, missing one of the ears on the removable front, not fatal, as it is designed to be used without it as well, but an apology nonetheless.  Most importantly, it has both original irons, which are unique to this plane design, as they have a double bevel to align with the side lands of the plane; and there's plenty of iron left on each.  Otherwise, its complete, and in very nice condition; will make a good user for someone, yours for $45 plus shipping; compare to L-N #98 and 99;  teaser pics:

[Image: 29540979588_f93e35a0c4_b.jpg]

[Image: 42694833574_9f3f3f5000_b.jpg]

Here's the link to the Flickr album with plenty of additional pics:  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...694833574/

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full shipping address so I can quote postage and print up mailing labels.

I don't have paypal, a new trick and I'm an old dog, so old school payment by USPS money order please; if I know you from the forum then checks are just dandy.

User tools that I would own (if I didn't already have multiples) and priced reasonably for users.

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Wowser. That's some nice looking stuff!
(07-14-2018, 06:38 PM)gov.cheese Wrote: Wowser. That's some nice looking stuff!

I try.... I love the hunt for quality tools in the wild, got lucky this week.....
I'll take the plane.
PM on the way
81 is sold . . . . .  . . . . . . . ..
RJ bits are sold.