LG Dryer Repair Question
I’ve got an LG DLE2514W dryer. About 12 years old. It’s not getting hot I’ve done some googling, and it seems that this model doesn’t have a fuse reset button. (Although most other LG dryers do.). I looked inside the two access panels and didn’t see any thing.

Anyone know if I’m missing something obvious? I figured Id ask before I take the thing apart to replace the thermistor.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair...-heat.html

Need a new thermistor.
Yeah. I saw that. That’s why I was hoping for an easier solution to try first.

Also, anyone know whether a home inspector would open up my dryer? I had an inspector in yesterday. The dryer worked in the morning. Didn’t work in the evening after the guy left.

(Sorry, Double post)
Running it empty can overheat it.
So I took my dryer apart and replaced the thermister and the thermostat.  Still no heat.  But I got it all back together with only 4 extra screws!
Why I didn't get a replacement for the hi-limit thermostat, I don't know.

So -- should I try replacing the hi-limit thermostat, or just bite the bullet and call a repairman?

Also, I couldn't get the back panel off, even with all the screws out.  It seemed like the panel was stuck to the side panel.  I could pry it apart, but that would leave a lot of bent metal.
Any ideas on that?

Thanks in advance for the help.

(07-29-2018, 05:35 PM)David Stone Wrote: So I took my dryer apart and replaced the thermister and the thermostat.  Still no heat.  But I got it all back together with only 4 extra screws!
Why I didn't get a replacement for the hi-limit thermostat, I don't know.

So -- should I try replacing the hi-limit thermostat, or just bite the bullet and call a repairman?

Also, I couldn't get the back panel off, even with all the screws out.  It seemed like the panel was stuck to the side panel.  I could pry it apart, but that would leave a lot of bent metal.
Any ideas on that?

Thanks in advance for the help.

If you're not using tools to diagnose the problem, you can do one of two things; Keep replacing parts until it starts working or call the man.