Jointer making a funny noise
(07-17-2018, 02:48 PM)Scott W Wrote: The problem is solved.  I lowered the knives. When I replaced the knives I noticed they were a bit thicker and overall bigger then the ones coming out... but I guess I didn't note the original setting exactly. 

Anyway, I lowered the knives and no snipe. 

Yay.

Thanks again.

I was going to suggest the same thing you said and also like BobW said since a back up of chips causes a lot of trouble also.

Also like Ivan said about the outfeed table is what I have always heard was the correct way and have mine at about .020

Last thing I was going to ask is if your wife touched it or not since it seems if women touch machines they go plink plinkety plink plink is how you know if she touched it. 
Big Grin
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.