Plywood cart?
I want to make a plywood cart, to hold maybe 6 pieces of sheet goods.. 1/4 to 3/4. I'll put it on good casters to be able to move it around and not take up my valuable wall space

looking at something like this:
https://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking...sheet-cart

but maybe make it wider as an A frame, to put sheets or pieces on either side.

Never had one before, though I'd ask for opinions on what you've liked and disliked on yours..

thanks in advance.. Dave
If I had a use for a ply cart, I would probably go with an A-frame style. Access to both sides.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I built one with a flimsy base and used el cheapo Borg casters. Was unable to move it. Think about it - 8 full sheets of plywood or MDF is on the order of 800 lbs + other pile-ons.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Like this..? This was our design where I used to work

Attached Files Image(s)

I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(07-18-2018, 04:24 PM)DaveBozeman Wrote: I want to make a plywood cart, to hold maybe 6 pieces of sheet goods.. 1/4 to 3/4. I'll put it on good casters to be able to move it around and not take up my valuable wall space

Never had one before, though I'd ask for opinions on what you've liked and disliked on yours..

thanks in advance.. Dave
Real good casters are essential.
Non Carborundum Illigitimus
(07-18-2018, 04:24 PM)DaveBozeman Wrote: I want to make a plywood cart, to hold maybe 6 pieces of sheet goods.. 1/4 to 3/4. I'll put it on good casters to be able to move it around and not take up my valuable wall space

thanks in advance.. Dave

I made this several years ago, holds a lot of full size sheets, has 6" casters (swivel on one end, ridged on the other, has served me well.

Attached Files Image(s)

(07-18-2018, 04:43 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: If I had a use for a ply cart, I would probably go with an A-frame style. Access to both sides.

+1. Looks like WalnutGuy needs another.

I would install cross bracing (Xs). Maybe, use 2x for the whole thing.
I found a metal drywall cart on Craigslist for $75. It can hold a lot of weight and casters are big. Makes moving it around much easier.
Since my shop is in the basement and I will eventually get kicked out of the larger part.  Need to finish that project of dry walling the ceilings and walls.  Make sure it fits the doorways.  Here is the one I built. It has Casters from a heavy machine cart I salvaged, a 2x4 Frame base. I modified it further to have some storage for studs on top.  No Pictures of that. Dan

Here is mine.  I am pretty happy with it.  It doesn't get moved much but will roll ok when I need it ot.  I like the middle section for storing narrower cutt-offs.