Building my hand tool collection again.
I am slowly trying to get my into woodworking agian, and I am buying tools agian. Feel free to ask question about my tools. I pick up those 1/4, and 5/8'' LN chisels to practice dovetailing and general use I still need to get a no 4 hand plane or block plane, dovetail saw etc.
Smile

[url=[Image: 42780232784_ac6793bf92_o.jpg]
Look like you're off to a good start!
Yes, I am. I got to work on a new shop next.
[Image: 42781064344_69e8f0c5fc_o.jpg]IMG_0134 by Charles Jackson, on Flickr
What sharpening stone did you get?  It looks a bit coarse to me for final honing.  Is it double-sided?  I would think at a minimum, your final grit for honing would be 4000 grit following by stropping on leather with the green stuff, or 8000 grit with or without stropping.  If you're going to practice dovetailing, I think you'll be much happier with truly sharp chisels.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Hmmmm...
Rolleyes  

Old Disston No. 4.....

A crew for the chopping....
Cool  

And a dry fit....nothing fancy
Rolleyes
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Charles

Just wondering,  what did you do with all the tools everyone gave you years ago?  I thought everyone had sent you had everything?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Its double sided, 1000\6000 grit
Arin I still have some. I had to tear down my shed because of rot so the tools had to go. Also someone broke into the shed stole my brand new miter saw.
(07-19-2018, 05:16 PM)CJIII Wrote: Arin I still have some. I had to tear down my shed because of rot so the tools had to go. Also someone broke into the shed stole my brand new miter saw.
Sorry to hear that Charles....

Where are you locating your new shop now???  Do you have a job related to woodworking?

Glad to have you back, don't be a stranger around here..
Skip