Timberwolf bandsaw blades specs
(07-25-2018, 09:59 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I was not impressed.  Both blades I tried from them broke prematurely, and not at the weld.  I set them exactly as T'wolf recommended on my 14" Delta, which couldn't over tension a 1/2" blade if it wanted to.  

John

+1. All sizzle, no steak. I know lots of folks love them, but I'm convinced its just because they haven't used anything better. They wear incredibly fast and they wander as soon as they start to wear at all. I've settled on Lenox for all of my blades, Diemaster II bi-metal for curves and general use, and Trimaster for resaw. A $25 - $30 Diemaster II will easily outlive 5 Timberwolf blades and perform better from day 1 through end of life.
(07-25-2018, 08:26 PM)Steve_S Wrote: John, et. al. -
   I emailed Timberwolf the end of June and again last week - no response at all to either query. Either they don't 'do' email or don't care. Anyone care to comment on quality of their blades?  I have decided to ignore their listings of maximum thicknesses - their numbers are too inconsistent and it doesn't apper to be a real spec.
Thanks,
Steve

Suffolk Machinery's web presence isn't terribly sophisticated.  The confusing data sounds like a typo or poor/outdated editing. They seem to do best by phone. As has been repeated; call them.  I have run multiple types of Timberwolf blades on multiple saws for a long time.  1/8" blades on a 10" saw through 3/4" blades on a 17" saw; I have never had one break.

There was a period of time 5 or 6 years ago where they had a run of bad (crooked) welds.  This came up repeatedly on a few forums. Not sure what happened but all my poor blades were happily replaced and the problem went away.  I have always gotten the buy 3 get 1 deal, whether it is advertised of not, simply by asking.  Sometimes it's the fourth blade at a discount and sometimes it's the fourth blade free.

I have run Timberwolfs, Carters, Woodslicers, and Ellis steel blades all with good success except the Ellis which were poor performers.  Folks who cut green blanks seem to like the Ellis but, I don't do that.  For resaw, carbide blades are the way to go but, that is another discussion.