TV Tray Plans
Anyone know of a good set of plans for for TV Trays?

Thanks!
Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I saw this in Wood mag. years ago and started building them. Never got finished
Smirk  but easy enough to build. My only real problem was not having a band saw. Sabre saw worked well though. Plans are not free though.

https://www.woodstore.net/Folding-tray-t...00384a.htm

[Image: GR-00384a.jpg]
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(07-19-2018, 04:41 AM)Big Dave Wrote: Anyone know of a good set of plans for for TV Trays?

Thanks!
Dave

Long ago in Woodsmith; I built a set.  Plans for the trays and stand are in No. 37, February 1985.  Holy cow, was it that long ago?  

John
I made 4 of the trays that Redman did. I used oak with walnut inlay. Turned out pretty good considering I had no idea what I was doing. My Mom & Dad still use them.
Ummmm.... .... ...

Never mind.
Thanks, guys!

I knew about the Woodsmith plans - I think I still have the issue...
Crazy

Does anyone happen to remember which issue the WOOD plans were initially published in? I may have that issue, too...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(07-20-2018, 01:52 AM)Big Dave Wrote: Does anyone happen to remember which issue the WOOD plans were initially published in? I may have that issue, too...

Dave

The link mentions issue 122 March 2000
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(07-20-2018, 05:07 AM)Redman Wrote: The link mentions issue 122 March 2000

Sure does! 
Big Grin

I really need to start paying more attention to some things...
Smirk

Thanks!
You need to log in to amazon to see it, but Ralph Bagnall made a nice design on his Woodcademy program:

https://www.amazon.com/Breakfast-Tray-Pt1/dp/B071JQ23QH

You do not need amazon prime, but you do need to log in.
(07-20-2018, 05:15 AM)Big Dave Wrote: Sure does! 
Big Grin

I really need to start paying more attention to some things...
Smirk

Thanks!

Just dug out my issue 122 and it's even the cover project. Our trays are worn out so I think I'll build a set of those myself

Frank