Clary Chop Saw
Does anyone know anything about a Clary Chop Saw? I was able to pick one up and it is pretty interesting. I found one on that auction site but it has alittle more options than the one I bought. It is setup to do either miter and you can operate it with a foot petal or handle. It looks like it can rotate but not sure. It has a Baldor 1 hp motor driven with a belt. I have thought about using it as a metal chop saw.
(07-21-2018, 09:12 PM)Shawn Stennett Wrote: Does anyone know anything about a Clary Chop Saw?  I was able to pick one up and it is pretty interesting.  I found one on that auction site but it has alittle more options than the one I bought.  It is setup to do either miter and you can operate it with a foot petal or handle.  It looks like it can rotate but not sure.  It has a Baldor 1 hp motor driven with a belt.  I have thought about using it as a metal chop saw.

A pic would be a big help, as I have never heard of one before.  A google search points to an active Ebay auction on one.  Looks like it has a huge footprint and is purpose built just to do 45 degree miters on fairly long boards.  I can imagine it having a place in a production environment but honestly if its the same as the one in the ebay listing,  a good miter saw on a stand would probably be just as accurate and much easier to store.

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
Looks like if you made roof trusses all day , it could come in handy .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(07-23-2018, 06:54 AM)EvilTwin Wrote: A pic would be a big help, as I have never heard of one before.  A google search points to an active Ebay auction on one.  Looks like it has a huge footprint and is purpose built just to do 45 degree miters on fairly long boards.  I can imagine it having a place in a production environment but honestly if its the same as the one in the ebay listing,  a good miter saw on a stand would probably be just as accurate and much easier to store.

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

To me, that looks like a setup to cut iron bar stock.  Shawn, what kind of blade was on the one you acquired?
Bob
if you can give us the picture, that would be great. But i am so curious about this tool and and i found this :
http://www.populartools.net/products/tru...onent_saws

from that sites, it gives us information that Clary is one of blade brands that manufactured with a thicker plate for smoother cuts. But it doesn't give us information if this blade can be used for cutting wood or metal.
I have a picture and tried to post, it’s been a while since I posted on this site and forgot about having to download to that other site first. It is just like the one in the picture but doesn’t have the long extensions. It has the hole for the router but is missing it. It has a ten inch wood blade on it.

I was thinking about modifying the table with a 90 degree table and make some type of clamp for it. I have a good mitre saw for wood and a cheap chop saw for metal but it is weak and is missing the clamp. The clary has a true 1 hp motor that is belt driven so that it is out of the way.

I do some blacksmithing as well and would like to use it for that type of work.