Dishwasher Update
I asked earlier about a new dishwasher. We ended up buying a Bosch.
https://www.bosch-home.com/us/productsli...SHE3ARF2UC
Well, yesterday I got energetic & took out the old Kenmore & installed the new Bosch.

What a PITA! I had to go to the local Mom & Pop hardware store to get a "dishwasher elbow"
because the new one did not come with it. Strike one.

The fitting on the d/w where the supply line connects is a cheap POS plastic.
You have to make sure the elbow is attached perfectly or you will cross thread it. Strike two.

I had to trim the opening to make it fit because of the side plastic flap thingy. Strike three.

All in all, it was not the easiest d/w I ever installed. I do not like the fact it has an open electrical connection point.
The box where the power connects doesn't have a cover & exposed wires are facing the front of the d/w.
Yes, I checked to make sure I had it in correctly. Still has open connections. Right next to the water supply.

If it ever springs a leak, and you touch it, you're toast.
I might send it back after all.

Angry
GE dishwashers (and probably many others) also require the addition of the not-included elbow fitting.
(07-24-2018, 01:58 AM)Herb G Wrote: I asked earlier about a new dishwasher. We ended up buying a Bosch.
Well, yesterday I got energetic & took out the old Kenmore & installed the new Bosch.

What a PITA! I had to go to the local Mom & Pop hardware store to get a "dishwasher elbow"

You have to make sure the elbow is attached perfectly or you will cross thread it. Strike two.

I had to trim the opening to make it fit because of the side plastic flap thingy. Strike three.

All in all, it was not the easiest d/w I ever installed. I do not like the fact it has an open electrical connection point.
The box where the power connects doesn't have a cover & exposed wires are facing the front of the d/w.
Yes, I checked to make sure I had it in correctly. Still has open connections. Right next to the water supply.

Angry
 Were you shorted the junction box cover ?  the directions show to replace it.   Should have a cover.  Roly
(07-24-2018, 07:25 AM)Roly Wrote:  Were you shorted the junction box cover ?  the directions show to replace it.   Should have a cover.  Roly

You were correct, my friend. I found it in the living room after looking for it.
It fell in a bag of dog food.
D'oh!
(07-24-2018, 01:58 AM)Herb G Wrote: I asked earlier about a new dishwasher. We ended up buying a Bosch.

Angry

IIRC, when you buy a new braided supply hose, one of the brands sells it in a kit with additional accessories like elbows and fittings.
(07-24-2018, 02:22 PM)cams2705 Wrote: IIRC, when you buy a new braided supply hose, one of the brands sells it in a kit with additional accessories like elbows and fittings.

Menards had a new braided water supply line and the elbow fitting in the same kit.  I went there on the Sunday afternoon when I was installing a new GE dishwasher a few weeks ago.

But still, like Herb, I think they could have included the dang elbow with the machine, or just manufactured it with the elbow already installed.  The instructions for our machine didn't say anything about that elbow being optional, it just said "install the elbow."  I knew that I didn't unpack one from the box.  I finally caught the clue when I went to the parts list and and there was no elbow listed in the parts list.  Then I went to the old now-uninstalled dishwasher and saw that the elbow on it was definitely an onsite installation.  Given the level of scale buildup on it, I opted to go get a new one for our new machine, rather than recover and reuse the old one.
(07-24-2018, 12:04 PM)Herb G Wrote: You were correct, my friend. I found it in the living room after looking for it.
It fell in a bag of dog food.
D'oh!

Maybe you should have bought from Sears (they sell Bosch), and had them install it.
Smirk
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-24-2018, 07:43 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Maybe you should have bought from Sears (they sell Bosch), and had them install it.
Smirk

After bruising the bone in my thigh & hurting my foot & shoulder from crawling in under the sink, I'd tend to agree with you.

Uhoh
(07-25-2018, 01:04 AM)Herb G Wrote: After bruising the bone in my thigh & hurting my foot & shoulder from crawling in under the sink, I'd tend to agree with you.

Uhoh

Ouch. Well get healed up
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Our Bosch is almost 20 years old; it’s about time for replacement.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.