Woodcademy Episode 8 is Streaming
(07-29-2018, 11:20 AM)Alan S Wrote: Sorry about the terminology.  I was not referring by "calamity" to injury, but to messing up the project.  The aspect of your answer about cutting the butterfly on a separate piece of wood to make it more easily replaced if damaged is a point worth making.

Gotcha! I do try to explain. Often things slip my mind because they tend to be second nature. I have to be careful not to forget to explain things that I take for granted. 

Sometimes things just do not make the cut in editing either. Honestly, you would think it would be hard to fill an hour, but my difficulty is usually cutting down to just an hour! 

Sometimes I can use the edited out parts as “Bonus Content” that I post to YouTube and my website. On the bow tie splines, for example, I used Freud’s Butterfly Spline Bit, but on YouTube I show how to use a regular dovetail bit to make the Spline.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Smile 
Checked out the cabinetmaking episode (only one available on my Prime Video).

All I can say is the ww'ing world really needs another pocket screw guy?  And not even any glue?

I've built a ton of cabinets and I can tell you without a doubt pocket screws in plywood are not the most secure way.

For those interested, the best way is to  screw straight through the end using countersunk 2" screws.

Its much stronger and a lot quicker.  [Image: smile.png]
(07-30-2018, 08:53 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Checked out the cabinetmaking episode (only one available on my Prime Video).

All I can say is the ww'ing world really needs another pocket screw guy?  And not even any glue?

I've built a ton of cabinets and I can tell you without a doubt pocket screws in plywood are not the most secure way.

For those interested, the best way is to  screw straight through the end using countersunk  2" screws.

Its much stronger and a lot quicker.  [Image: smile.png]
Umm, I did not do a cabinet making episode. My show is called Woodcademy, and you can find the links to it at www.woodcademy.com/wctv
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Ralph,
I’ve started catching your series and want to add my thanks.
They’re well done; informative and educational.
Kudos.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(07-30-2018, 07:01 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Ralph,
I’ve started catching your series and want to add my thanks.
They’re well done; informative and educational.
Kudos.

Thanks Gary! I appreciate the kind words.

Watch the end of episode 8, there is a sneak peak at season 2 coming in September.
(Shhh, free folding router table plans)
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com