Repair or Replace
Replaced the switch on mine, not an electrical wiz, so ordered one from HF, shipping cost more than the switch! Replace & install pretty easy op!
Bill
(07-30-2018, 10:48 AM)Wildwood Wrote: Replaced the switch on mine, not an electrical wiz, so ordered one from HF, shipping cost more than the switch!  Replace & install pretty easy op!

Yup. Confirmed it is the switch. Not sure I want to repeat this every couple of year so are there better switches to that would work instead of buying the el-cheepo ones from HF?
(07-30-2018, 08:23 PM)Scott Jashinski Wrote: Yup. Confirmed it is the switch. Not sure I want to repeat this every couple of year so are there better switches to that would work instead of buying the el-cheepo ones from HF?

I just bypassed the switch and wired it up with a switched wall plug. It will last forever. It sounds tough but it is only 5-6 connections and about $10. Check You-Tube.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
(07-31-2018, 09:06 AM)messmaker Wrote: I just bypassed the switch and wired it up with a switched wall plug. It will last forever. It sounds tough but it is only 5-6 connections and about $10. Check You-Tube.

This is basically what I did.  I put a receptacle on the cyclone stand, with a short SJO cord to one of the wall receptacles, and a motor-rated 'wall switch' on the front of the stand in a handy box, wired as a switch leg.  If that switch ever dies, it's easy enough to replace, but it's been working for 10 years now, give or take. 

The cheapo switch on the motor is just left in the 'on' position, and if it burns out, I'll bypass it.  But I won't bother until it does and I have to.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"