Impressive Amazon Service
I've never had an incomplete shipment from Amazon - until yesterday.  I ordered a couple of siding tools on Saturday evening.  The package was in my mailbox yesterday afternoon.  I open it and find only one of the two items I ordered.  Checked the tracking number and it said both had been delivered.  So I just finished a live chat with an Amazon representative.  In only a couple of minutes he/she asked if I wanted a refund or replacement with one-day delivery.  I chose the replacement.  They made what I thought was going to be a difficult process incredibly simple.   

If you have a problem with an Amazon shipment I highly recommend using their live chat feature to resolve it.  

John
I've had phenomenal service from Amazon as well. I've been a Prime member almost from the beginning and I average 2 orders week. About once a year something goes wrong with an order and it is always fixed by Amazon promptly. I originally didn't care for the chat function, but it seems to actually work better than calling. My guess is that text gets through the language barrier that exists when someone with a Boston accent tries to talk to someone in India
Laugh .

There seems to be anecdotal evidence that good customers get better service from Amazon. I wouldn't doubt that they rate us just like we rate them; 1 star customers don't get 5 star service.
I don’t think they’ve ever shorted an order on me. 150 or so orders per year.
Didn't receive a package- emailed them and they promptly credited my account.

Never had any other problems. They know what they're doing.
(07-31-2018, 12:30 PM)daddo Wrote:  They know what they're doing.

Excellent customer service.  I work in tech and deal with various Amazon companies quite often on business issues.  They are incredibly data driven, to the point where early on they built so many server farms that had excess capacity so they turned that into another business for them, AWS, selling cloud services, which now has a 45% market share growing at 30%+ each year.  They slice and dice the data, find where the issues are, and deal with them; in the commercial and enterprise arena, customer services arena, customer preferences arena and personal information arena - octopus like.  It's actually pretty scary when you think about it.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Hello, my name is Cian and I'm an Amazon junkie.
I recently had a different experience.  I needed a window regulator my normal supplier takes about a week so I see the part on Amazon for less with Prime listed.  So I place the order and realize it shows a 5 day delivery time instead of the 2 advertised and checked when shipping options were listed.  So I contact Amazon they say it is a third party seller and Prime doesn't mean the same thing.  So I ask why is 2 day delivery an option when Amazon says it is not.  The response is the seller has already shipped the item I check my email and see that seller has sent an email stating it shipped.  I contact seller and get a response Monday saying it has not shipped nothing more was done and it was delivered in 5 days as opposed to the 2 days promised.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(08-01-2018, 12:56 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I recently had a different experience.  I needed a window regulator my normal supplier takes about a week so I see the part on Amazon for less with Prime listed.  So I place the order and realize it shows a 5 day delivery time instead of the 2 advertised and checked when shipping options were listed.  So I contact Amazon they say it is a third party seller and Prime doesn't mean the same thing.  So I ask why is 2 day delivery an option when Amazon says it is not.  The response is the seller has already shipped the item I check my email and see that seller has sent an email stating it shipped.  I contact seller and get a response Monday saying it has not shipped nothing more was done and it was delivered in 5 days as opposed to the 2 days promised.

Yeah, "Prime" isn't always Prime.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I wonder if they figured out most of us don't order anything unless it's prime, so they are letting vendors lie about it? I placed an order yesterday, everything will be here tomorrow.  Then I remembered there was something else I wanted, so went back and ordered that too.  It will be here monday.  But I do think they told me it was coming on monday before I finished placing the order.
I ordered something with Prime two weeks ago, on a Tuesday. I ordered other items Wednesday and Thursday. Thursday I get an email saying the Tuesday order is delayed, if you don't get it by Saturday (3 days late) contact us on Sunday. Friday I get another email saying they're shipping a replacement item, it will arrive Monday (nearly a week late). Amazon doesn't miss often and this item wasn't critical enough for me to complain about it, but they certainly missed their SLA of two days for Prime items. Since they knew they had a problem Thursday I don't know why they didn't just send a new item then. Everything else I ordered after that item arrived a few days before that one did.