Heavy Duty Weed Killer Needed
I use Gordon's Pasture Pro at 5 OZ per gallon and it kills about everything. I have Waterhemp and it laughs at round up and Pasture Pro kills it quickly.
(08-01-2018, 03:06 PM)Bill Bob Wrote: The label for the worst case infestation is 2 oz./gal. and repeated the application 7 days later,  I have used 3 to 4 oz and its resistant to all Glyo chem.

In  that case I would use Bayer Advanced Brush Killer Plus. This is the triclopyr product Josephp mentioned. I've used it to kill all manner of brush and tree stumps (for strength for that purpose). It dilute 4 oz./gallon, so the 64 oz package will make 16 gallons of spray (good for 4000 sq. ft., according to the label. This stuff will almost certainly do it, and be much kinder to the environment than gas or diesel. Our Walmart even carries it, so it's available anywhere allowed by law.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(08-01-2018, 09:41 PM)sroxberg Wrote: I use Gordon's Pasture Pro at 5 OZ per gallon and it kills about everything. I have Waterhemp and it laughs at round up and Pasture Pro kills it quickly.

We have a big problem with Marestail...same thing, thinks Roundup is fertilizer.

So far nothing has developed a resistance to Liberty.

Ed
Home Depot sells a 12 month vegetation killer. I think Bayer makes it. It's usually near the Round Up sprays.

I use it each Spring along a stretch of gravel that borders about 80 + feet of our driveway. Works very well.

I've never tried Round Up.

It will keep anything from growing. It's concentrated so need to dilute before use. I use a pressure sprayer with the manual pump.

Mike
(08-01-2018, 05:37 PM)Bill Bob Wrote: What a great idea,  Then my hay fields would burn and I would not have  to bale

You provided insufficient information for an informed response.  I re-read your original post and there is nothing at all about hay.

I do believe that they set up temporary fences to contain the goats.  So decimation of your crop is probably not in the cards.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(08-01-2018, 02:26 PM)Bill Bob Wrote: Any suggestions for a non selective total vegetation killer?  I have tried Round up at 47% concentrate 

what kind of Roundup?  I have roundup for grassy weeds and then Roundup poison ivy killer for woody stem plants.  I've never had anything small enough that spraying is an option survive the Roundup poison ivy killer, though some things took multiple applications.  I've even killed bigger things by cutting them down first and then brushing concentrate onto the stump.
How long has it been since you applied the Roundup? It can take a while to work. Also some plants are susceptible to Roundup at certain stages of growth -- you need to apply it when it is sending nutrients to the roots, which is where Roundup kills which means it may take some weeks before you see plant wilting.

And don't forget a little soap. If the spray beads up and rolls off the leaf you're not going to kill it.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(08-02-2018, 12:26 PM)Cooler Wrote: You provided insufficient information for an informed response.  I re-read your original post and there is nothing at all about hay.

I do believe that they set up temporary fences to contain the goats.  So decimation of your crop is probably not in the cards.

Mr. Cooler, I do see a lot of good information in many replies.  Bringing in goats is not an option.  I already have enough livestock to contend with. This is an active farm not just a rural lot of an acre or so.  I have seven fenced pastures here with 3 miles of electric fence lines to keep clear of brush.  7,300 volts can create a spark if in contact with vegetation.   With quality Alfalfa hay selling at premium prices and putting up 7,000+  bales I just cannot afford to light any fires  here.  I thank you  and all other for  their informative suggestions.
Regards,
Bill
(08-01-2018, 08:12 PM)JosephP Wrote: With glyphosate, more isn't necessarily better.  If it shuts the plant down before it translates well, it won't effectively kill.

I like triclopyr better than 2,4-D.  But those will only kill broadleaf plants...

That may be the point at some level, but 4oz per gallon of 47% glyphospate will kill about anything. Give it a second shot on a good hot day and you will be pleased.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
(08-05-2018, 09:58 AM)messmaker Wrote: That may be the point at some level, but 4oz per gallon of 47% glyphospate will kill about anything. Give it a second shot on a good hot day and you will be pleased.

This!  Also, don't pay roundup prices.  I bought a product called RM43 ... as the name suggests it's 43%+ glyphosate.  I mixed up ~10 oz. per gallon and thoroughly sprayed the leaves of all weeds (including poison ivy/oak and invasive honeysuckle)  you think you may have wasted your money, but about 3-7 days later, everything shriveled.  There are a few that popped back up, but I retreated.  In all, I created a buffer between my lawn and the treeline about 12-15' wide by ~300' long.  I've had to go back and spot treat maybe a little patch of about 15-20 weeds.

You can get it through Amazon or locally at a TractorSupply