Heavy Duty Weed Killer Needed
(08-05-2018, 03:10 PM)cams2705 Wrote: This!  Also, don't pay roundup prices.  I bought a product called RM43 ... as the name suggests it's 43%+ glyphosate.  I mixed up ~10 oz. per gallon and thoroughly sprayed the leaves of all weeds (including poison ivy/oak and invasive honeysuckle)  you think you may have wasted your money, but about 3-7 days later, everything shriveled.  There are a few that popped back up, but I retreated.  In all, I created a buffer between my lawn and the treeline about 12-15' wide by ~300' long.  I've had to go back and spot treat maybe a little patch of about 15-20 weeds.

You can get it through Amazon or locally at a TractorSupply

Also you can get just the generic glyosphate 41% without the RM43's imazapyr , $20/gallon. Link
The goats were hired to create a fire stop fire mitigation.  The owner provided an enclosure that was breached.  This was the result.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/boknbW-ei2I" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I haven't tried this, but it was recommended by somebody's whose opinion I trust:
https://mirimichigreen.com/mg_products/w...ncentrate/

Apparently faster than roundup and organic...
(08-01-2018, 02:26 PM)Bill Bob Wrote: Any suggestions for a non selective total vegetation killer?  I have tried Round up at 47% concentrate also Amine 400.  What ever I have under fence lines on farm are immune to both.  All I see are wilted leaves and the they recover.  I need enough concentrate for 25 gal. of spray.  My next step may be gasoline or diesel fuel??
Regards Bill

Confused Why not try the Poison Ivy killers.  I have used that when I ran into problems like you have/  RoundUp poison Ivy killer kills a lot of weeds.
(08-08-2018, 11:34 AM)Ninefingers_grapes Wrote:
Confused Why not try the Poison Ivy killers.  I have used that when I ran into problems like you have/  RoundUp poison Ivy killer kills a lot of weeds.

2-4-d  is working just fine.
Bill
(08-01-2018, 02:26 PM)Bill Bob Wrote: Any suggestions for a non selective total vegetation killer?  I have tried Round up at 47% concentrate also Amine 400.  What ever I have under fence lines on farm are immune to both.  All I see are wilted leaves and the they recover.  I need enough concentrate for 25 gal. of spray.  My next step may be gasoline or diesel fuel??
Regards Bill

RM 43 get it from Amazon works better than any of the round up products ever have. Spray and then a week later I spray again doing 3 ounce per gal and say bye bye to vines, weeds, small trees, and bushes.
Finishing: I apply shellac before I apply varnish.
Routing:Hand Left to Right, Table right to left
Cutting plywood:Face up on the table saw
Face down w/circular saw.
Wear safety glasses when using power tools.

Regards Bill

RM 43 get it from Amazon works better than any of the round up products ever have. Spray and then a week later I spray again doing 3 ounce per gal and say bye bye to vines, weeds, small trees, and bushes.
Finishing: I apply shellac before I apply varnish.
Routing:Hand Left to Right, Table right to left
Cutting plywood:Face up on the table saw
Face down w/circular saw.
Wear safety glasses when using power tools.

The problem with vegetation killer as a firebreak is that the dead vegetation burns exceptionally well.  So after the killing, the vegetation has to be removed.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(08-10-2018, 09:59 AM)NorthGaMan Wrote: RM 43 get it from Amazon works better than any of the round up products ever have. Spray and then a week later I spray again doing 3 ounce per gal and say bye bye to vines, weeds, small trees, and bushes.
Looking at the label it is Glyphosate at 43.68%,  I don't see much difference there.
No 

Bill
(08-10-2018, 07:09 PM)Bill Bob Wrote: Looking at the label it is Glyphosate at 43.68%,  I don't see much difference there.
No 

Bill
While the active ingredient is the same, there are different surfactants that carry the product into the plant.  I don't know anything about the one he posted, but it is not at all unreasonable to say one glyphosate product is better than others.