Heavy Duty Weed Killer Needed
(08-10-2018, 06:59 AM)Bill Bob Wrote: 2-4-d  is working just fine.
Bill

So the 2-4-D solved your problem?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(08-01-2018, 02:26 PM)Bill Bob Wrote: Any suggestions for a non selective total vegetation killer?  I have tried Round up at 47% concentrate also Amine 400.  What ever I have under fence lines on farm are immune to both.  All I see are wilted leaves and the they recover.  I need enough concentrate for 25 gal. of spray.  My next step may be gasoline or diesel fuel??
Regards Bill

You need table salt, bleach and dish detergent. 1 cup of salt to 2 cups water. 2cups is a pint so 4 will be a quart etc to get your 25 gallons. 
Add salt to boiling water. Stir the salt til it is completely dissolved. Let it cool, then add 1 tbsp. of dish washing detergent per gallon. This is a wetting agent that helps keep the mix on the weeds. Put the mix in a sprayer. Add 1 cup of bleach per gallon of water, & salt mix. Wear eye and hand protection. Run the pump to mix , or if you use a backpack sprayer ,shake the tank a bit. Spray this on weeds or unwanted grass. This will kill all vegetation so don't spray it on areas you plant .
This works better than roundup. Roundup works best with the exact mix on the instructions. Too much of it quickly kills the top of the plant. If you follow directions on Roundup weeds will die off slow, but rarely come back. I used to use round up on the farm til I was told about the salt, bleach method. I gave it a try and never used Roundup again.
mike
That's good info.  I might have to give that a try.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I wouldn't.

Is bleach labeled for weed control? Ever hear the term "salting the earth" it was done so nothing would grow there (at least until salt dissipated).
(08-17-2018, 07:23 AM)JosephP Wrote: I wouldn't.

Is bleach labeled for weed control? Ever hear the term "salting the earth"  it was done so nothing would grow there (at least until salt dissipated).

Ask your water company what they use for weed control next to treatment facilities.   Roly
i found, unintentionally, that a window laid on unwanted weeds for a few hours on a sunny day will kill em and everything else under the window.
Black plastic does a good job too...

Regarding what the water company uses (they are public entities around here...): Any use of any chemicals on public or commercial land for weed or other pest control must be done by a trained applicator and must follow the label. Pesticides all say "It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling". It would be illegal to use any chemical to kill weeds not labeled as such.