it's always something, compressor regulator failure edition
I have a dewalt emglo regulator like the one at this amazon link https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-D55155-4-H...B00005NMUY

I have never thought to use the regulator before, but I was over-driving some nails and a light bulb came on, so I tried it.  It sorta works, but it blows off the main tank so the compressor is running most of the time.  I could probably work with that today, but I should fix it.  It looks like there was a repair kit at one time, not sure about now.  Seems like there must be a seal messed up though, does that sound right?  Looks like there are two o-rings in there.  Or maybe it's a diaphragm
What does ereplacements or a parts store picture show?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I had one similar to that, for whatever reason it stopped working; I thought about rebuilding it, i.e., rings, whatever, but went and bought a PC pancake for $100 and parked the Dewalt in the corner of my shop as I was in the middle of some trim work on the house and couldn't be delayed. Surprisingly, the PC has worked quite well for some time now. If HF were closer I'd have bought one there for $60.......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(08-02-2018, 02:17 PM)EricU Wrote: I have a dewalt emglo regulator like the one at this amazon link https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-D55155-4-H...B00005NMUY

I have never thought to use the regulator before, but I was over-driving some nails and a light bulb came on, so I tried it.  It sorta works, but it blows off the main tank so the compressor is running most of the time.  I could probably work with that today, but I should fix it.  It looks like there was a repair kit at one time, not sure about now.  Seems like there must be a seal messed up though, does that sound right?  Looks like there are two o-rings in there.  Or maybe it's a diaphragm

So, whatever air gun you are using does *not* have a depth-of-drive adjustment on the gun?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-02-2018, 02:17 PM)EricU Wrote: I have a dewalt emglo regulator like the one at this amazon link https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-D55155-4-H...B00005NMUY

I see it has two gauges on it, At least on my Porter Cable one gauge controls the tank pressure and one gauge controls the line, Is it possible you're mixing them up?

I'm pretty sure you know that, but wanted to throw it out on the chance it might save some effort and money.

Another thing you can do is add a regulator at the gun, I do that with my paint stuff.
I'm not sure, I think it might have healed itself. 

The gauges don't control anything, they are just gauges. The regulator is behind the knob. Then there is a pressure switch that turns the motor on and off.

Sorry I didn't add more info, wanted to get some work done while it wasn't raining.

I didn't know guns had depth of drive adjustment, maybe I should read the instructions on mine. eta: found it on youtube. Newer guns like mine have a rafter hook, wish mine had that. It's a Bostitch framing nailer.
By turning that knob that controls the regulator, one of those gauges shows you the pressure that the regulator is set at.
You should set it at about 90 pounds for air guns. Ck your gun manual specs.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

My Dewalt compressor does the same thing sometimes. If I turn it all the way out and then back in, it will usually stop leaking. But it will do it again. Mine pumps up to 200#, so you really need to regulate it down to keep from damaging air tools. One of thy these days I'll fix it. Lol
shifty
My local Lowes sells pressure gauges and regulators and fittings.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Yeah, I saw that the BORGs have regulators in stock, about $25. I thought about putting one in line, I have a couple of regulators in the parts bin. I doubt anything I could buy would just fit in the system, unfortunately. Nail guns would probably be happier if I used a filter/regulator/water separator.   I'm hoping it was just sleeping since I had always had it set at full pressure, and that it finally woke up.