Hello out there...
Is there anything interesting going on in the woodworking community?
Nope.

Seriously, I do woodworking for a living, working for someone else. I have a shop full of good tools. My problem is that I do "woodworking" for someone else all day and get frustrated. I really don't feel like doing any in my own shop when I get home.

Oh, I did finish a flag case for my wife's Uncle last weekend, it turned out nice. When I get to do work in my shop, I do enjoy it.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
When the garden ends, all canning is done, and the garden shed addition is done, then it will be firewood cutting time. When that ends, then I can get back to finishing our kitchen cabinets and kitchen.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-02-2018, 07:53 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: When the garden ends, all canning is done, and the garden shed addition is done, then it will be firewood cutting time. When that ends, then I can get back to finishing our kitchen cabinets and kitchen.
Funny - my routine is similar. I spend early spring cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood for the next winter. The wife plants the garden (after I rototill it), and then I get to do some household chores (painting, etc.) In between that, I can work in the shop. Soon it'll be time to start on the Christmas presents. Good thing I'm retired; I certainly don't have time to hold a regular job!
Big Grin
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
Almost ready for paint and finish on some cabinet doors for the laundry room.

need to knock out a small wedding gift (tray)

Next I am building out our entrance into a mud room.

Have a spokeshave on the way from LN.
Big Grin

Need to do some electrical for shop lighting soon.

Dreaming sbout building some kind of hand tool cabinet/storeage thing system.
(08-02-2018, 08:16 PM)5thumbs Wrote: Funny - my routine is similar. I spend early spring cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood for the next winter. The wife plants the garden (after I rototill it), and then I get to do some household chores (painting, etc.) In between that, I can work in the shop. Soon it'll be time to start on the Christmas presents. Good thing I'm retired; I certainly don't have time to hold a regular job!
Big Grin

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I'm actually retired or not.
Laugh
I took my retirement............
Smirk
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Can't think of anything to build, everyone seems to have my spare time planned.....

Bunch of people be screwed if I kicked the bucket.

Ed
Built out and moved into a new shop over the past 6 months. Moved from a small unseated shop to a larger, climate controlled and very dry basement shop. Table saw was the last big piece, and was moved last weekend.

First new project is an low height entertainment console with a walnut live edge top, for the new house. While digging through the wood piles, found 3, 12 ft long, 15” wide live edge walnut slabes I forgot I had (admitted wood hoarder). Color could be better, but should make an interesting top.

Finishing up a current project of rebuilding a 100 yr old arts and craft library desk. Construction method did not allow for wood movement. It literally tore itself apart over time. Down to the finishing stage, prior to assembly.
John
I'm going through one of those phases where I'm not very motivated to build anything. I'm sure it will change soon.
The shed build sort of displaced most other projects for me this Summer, including chopping firewood needed for this Winter.  Oops; some of it's going to be a little moist going into the wood stove.  I did finish the bench and cubby build for a client and a couple of little repair projects for friends, but my partially rehabbed kitchen is patiently waiting for me to get back to it.  My wife is slightly less patient about it, but I can't build the shed in the Winter.  Well, guess I could, but I'm not going to. 

Whether I'm in the shop or doing something else, as long it's something I want to do I'm happy.  Sure beats work.  

John