HANDTOOLS: 9 1/4 Block, 9" Bates Combination Square
Here's a couple of nice user tools for y'all's consideration.... many more pics on the Flickr album linked below so you can enlarge them and take a good look.

The Stanley #9 1/4 is a standard angle block plane. This one has 95% japanning on the body, normal loss on heel of cap (that's where sweat happens) good blade length, and I reset the bevel and sharpened on my Tormek, and you can see how it pulls shavings in the pics. Metal is solid, 100% mechanically. A solid user for someone, and ready to put to wood; $30 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 28911859987_8938e26df4_b.jpg]

Here is a nice 9 inch combination square, with a smaller head than the 12"; Bates Manuf. Co, a good maker from Orange Massachusetts, truly vintage and is square. The head on this one is hardened, a true sign of quality (check the price online for the differential between regular and hardened Starrett heads and you'll see the value here). A handy size for smaller marking chores. $25 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 28911858867_9bd2029b45_b.jpg]

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority; I dont have paypal, that's a new trick and I'm an old dog, so old school payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum than checks are ok. Please include your full shipping address in the PM so I can figure postage and print up mailing labels.

Here's the link to a flickr album with pics that you can enlarge, take a good look and you'll see the value here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...9812569407

Worthy tools that will do the job and that I would own, priced reasonably for those who are users and not collectors; thanks for looking.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Both tools are sold, thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis