Found a Classic
Smile 
When I took my almost new nail gun into the tool center after 2nd time I used it, on the clearance table was a true classic a 3/8" drill motor. NOS. I was not interested in a plastic gear cased 2000rpm 3/8 drill motor. That's a 1/4" drill motor. A Black and Decker Industrial . Made In USA, 5 amp 1200 RPM reduced from $269 to $99 . The Industrial line was what Black and Decker turned into DeWalt in '92. They are good drills, but not great like the Milwaukee of that era. You could get a buzz off the Milwaukee in the wet, though. It's the same size as the worn out 20 year old Chinese  3 amp it will replace. The B&D  should last me the rest of my life.
A man of foolish pursuits
(08-06-2018, 04:04 PM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: When I took my almost new nail gun into the tool center after 2nd time I used it, on the clearance table was a true classic a 3/8" drill motor. NOS. I was not interested in a plastic gear cased 2000rpm 3/8 drill motor. That's a 1/4" drill motor. A Black and Decker Industrial . Made In USA, 5 amp 1200 RPM reduced from $269 to $99 . The Industrial line was what Black and Decker turned into DeWalt in '92. They are good drills, but not great like the Milwaukee of that era. You could get a buzz off the Milwaukee in the wet, though. It's the same size as the worn out 20 year old Chinese  3 amp it will replace. The B&D  should last me the rest of my life.

Have any pictures?
I still have, and use, my 2 corded Milwaukee's, bought new in the mid 70's. 3/8" VS and 1/2". Both are key chuck.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-06-2018, 09:08 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Have any pictures?

I'm old enough to have bought one of the early Skil variable speed reversible 3/8"  drills. They were the first drill motors with that trigger.So I haven't clue how to post a photo. The B&D Industrial were a dark grey which the marketing boys turned yellow.

When they were current, late '80s, I couldn't afford a Milwaukee, or even a Porter Cable, so I already own a couple of the Industrial line B&Ds. 

The  drills I see now in the HD lines are 8amp units, bigger the motor the heavier they are, meaning a two handed use.
A man of foolish pursuits
(08-06-2018, 09:50 PM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: I'm old enough to have bought one of the early Skil variable speed reversible 3/8"  drills. They were the first drill motors with that trigger.So I haven't clue how to post a photo. The B&D Industrial were a dark grey which the marketing boys turned yellow.

When they were current, late '80s, I couldn't afford a Milwaukee, or even a Porter Cable, so I already own a couple of the Industrial line B&Ds. 

The  drills I see now in the HD lines are 8amp units, bigger the motor the heavier they are, meaning a two handed use.

The old B&D Hole Gun was as good as they come..as good as any Milwaukee of the day..We used them in our five heavy equipment shops along with some large Sioux Drills..{I have a Sioux 1/4" right angle drill corded}... I have a 1/4" Craftsman also that has a FIVE amp motor with a two-speed shiftable gearbox, all metal inside and out..It's a fine old drill that I have had for at least 50years, still runs like a top. I always plug it in to a GFCI for safety. I have no idea who made it for Sears but it may have been Sioux.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset